Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why does my child try to annoy his brother 24/7?!?!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

my 3 year old is CONSTANTLY trying to annoy his little brother (he is only 7 weeks!) he takes his paci out of his mouth, yells "LANDON WAKE UP" if he falls asleep, you name it he does it!!! i don't get it...poor landon can hardly sleep during the day, no wonder he already sleeps through the night (pretty much) do your older kids do  this too?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jkleinman
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Maybe sit down with your son and explain to him why this is not ok behavior.  If that doesn't work you may need to resort to time outs or any thing to show this is bad behavior.

Honeybun09
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:36 PM

BUMP!

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:53 PM

I had to laugh when I read that he tells him to wake up! My 2 yr old gets in my 7 months old face (has since she's been here) and growls really loud til she wakes up.

rileysmommy229
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:07 PM

i do the time outs and it helps for a little while but then he goes back to doing it!

airbornewife04
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:18 PM

My 3 year old does it to my son and hes almost 6 months old. He doesnt sleep through the night yet. He only eats 4oz at a time still but every 2-3 hours. The ped said it was fine since most kids eat a little more than 4oz now and since he eats 4poz every 2-3 hours it kind of evens out. My oldest which is 5, she annoys him as well but not as bad as my 3 year old. As soon as its morning and he wakes up for the day, she is constantly in his face.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:20 PM

he's curious. The baby is so new and he thinks of him as a playmate and doesn't understand that he's too young to entertain him. My son does this to his brother too. Don't punish him unless he's really hurting the baby (hitting, screaming directly in his ear, etc) You don't want to teach him that he's not to be near his brother or play with him. Try redirecting his attention. Let him burp the baby. Lil things so that his brother isn't so foreign. KWIM

babygomez
by April on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:14 AM

BUMP!

JasonsMom2007
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:16 AM

Exactly!  My son is 3 and my daughter is 2 months.  He used to do stuff like that but I'd redirect him.  "Delaney is sleeping right now and it's not nice to wake her up.  But it would be nice to get her blankie for her to sleep with."  He's learned and is better about it now :)

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

he's curious. The baby is so new and he thinks of him as a playmate and doesn't understand that he's too young to entertain him. My son does this to his brother too. Don't punish him unless he's really hurting the baby (hitting, screaming directly in his ear, etc) You don't want to teach him that he's not to be near his brother or play with him. Try redirecting his attention. Let him burp the baby. Lil things so that his brother isn't so foreign. KWIM

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Because that's what brothers do = )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)