• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you wean? 1 year old?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:50 PM
  • 11 Replies

OK so since like 8 or 9 months my DS has only been taking 1 bottle a day of formula at night right before bed. So the last couple days (his 1st birthday was yesterday) we've been giving him half milk/half formula like the dr. said to. But he has been fighting even taking that. It's not like he gets angry or whiny or anything. He just doesn't seem to want the bottle at all. No matter what time of day it is. Did anyone else's baby do this and is it normalish? I'm gonna try giving him milk in a sippy cup during the day. But is there anything else I can do?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
weaveress
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:51 PM

mine was on nothing but a cup at 8 mos and refused formula all together. he started whole milk in a sippy.

mariesmama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:52 PM

i have the opposite problem mine still wants 7 a day and milk/ forget it.

wife.and.mommy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:53 PM

my DD has been on whole milk or rice milk since about 11 months old.  dr said when i finished my last bottle of RTF formula to go straight to milk.

since she is my 2nd i was fine with that.  i NEVER mixed.  i see NOTHING wrong with giving her straight milk.

she may like it.  but a bottle after 1 years old to me is a NO-NO.

lovemy2boys39
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:03 PM

With my first, right before his first birthday he was only taking 3 bottles of formula a day. Then after I done with the formula I switched him to whole milk. I still gave him 3 bottles a day with the milk and he didn't have any problems. I think soon after his first birthday he was only drinking milk from a sippy at meals.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Yoy can try a smaller amount of milk and more formula like 1/4 milk 3/4 formula. or try all warm milk.

babygomez
by April on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:30 AM

BUMP!

AmirnLexcimom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:39 AM

i understand where you are coming from, when i weened my daughter from the breast she was one years old and i tryed just giving her regular milk and she refused to drink it at all. Maybe trying a very vanilla milk might help.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:14 AM

BUMP!

TotallyWarped
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:35 PM

It's not that he won't drink milk. He'll drink it from a sippy cup no problem. He just won't take it from a bottle anymore...

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:36 PM

We took away all bottles and stopped formula at 12 months. She has had sippy cups only ever since, and that includes milk, juice, water. If he doesn't want a bottle don't force it on him, but try and get him to drink a cup of whole milk a day, I have read that the fat in the milk is good for their brains???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)