Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you do it?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:46 PM
  • 10 Replies

No, not that!  Get your minds out of the gutter!

rolling on floor

For those of you with two young babies, how do you handle errands and other outings?  I haven't ventured out alone with both babies (one 19 months and one a newborn) just yet.  Any tips?

Do you have 2 kids under 2 years old? Join my group to share, learn and vent. www.cafemom.com/group/2undertwo

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemy2boys39
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:47 PM

lol That is one reason I spaced my kids out. I didn't want to find out what it would be to have 2 little ones.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

MamaBear2cubs
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:47 PM

One in the stroller one in the carrier lol. I have a 19 month old and a 2 month old.

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:51 PM

I have a 5 yr old 2 yr old and 7 month old. I put my 7 month old in the car leaving the big two inside, go back in (everyone is ready and standing at the door) get the big two and put them in the car. I tie my moby on before we head out the door. when we get to where we are going I get out and put baby in the moby, get the big two out and go inside. I put my 2 yr old in the cart and my 5 yr old walks. it works great for me. when it was just the two I would open the side with the infant seat and let my older one climb to her side put baby in walk around and buckle in my older. even now they sometimes climb through the other side. You will figure out something that works for you

butterflyblu
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Plan ahead!  I have a 2 1/2 yr old and an almost 7 month old.  I try to do errands in the morning so my 2 yr old is rested and we can get home in time for his afternoon nap although lately he hasn't been napping at all.  My baby will fall asleep in the car seat so that's fine.  He won't wake up if I put him in a cart or whatever.  In fact he was asleep while I was grocery shopping this morning.  I make sure they are both fed before we go but bring bottles/snacks anyway just in case.  I've sat in a parking many times feeding my baby.  I have a double stroller also and a Moby wrap for my baby too although he's 19 lbs and getting heavy! 

Mama2ETA
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:09 AM

When I had my 2nd son, my oldest was 11 months old. I cant even tell you how to do it lol. Be prepared to be stressed, and allow extra time for lots of distractions. Good luck! I now have 3 and am now adjusting to it after 1 year. It took about 5-6 months to get it down with my first 2.

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:24 AM

no tips, I just kinda do it lol

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:43 AM

My Mom goes with me...

mummaof2lilboys
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:25 PM

I suck it up and do it. When going grocery shopping I'm guilty for opening something for DS. But, I ALWAYS pay for it

armywifenmom09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:30 PM

I have two 16 months apart.... I stuck my sons infant carrier across the back of the cart and my daughter in the seat.... I would carry them in with my 16mo on my hip and my newborn in his infant carrier.... plus the diaper bag.... I was doing it 6 days after a csection

Now I can be seen pushing a double stroller down the aisles and pulling a cart.....

SOOOOOO much fun LOL

Stephie280
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Shoes and a harness on the 2 year old. And baby goes in the front of the buggy in his car seat. if i don't do it that way i never get grocery shopping done. now that my older two are out of school i stand at the end of each isle and send them down for the items. they love that and think its a race.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)