• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Schedules

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:00 AM
  • 14 Replies

What's your baby's schedule? do you inforce it, or just kinda let baby do what baby wants?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelpresmommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:04 AM

well i have two older kids so during the school year yes I was on a strict schedule, but since summer I have lightened up a bit.

But baby is use to his and so basically hasnt changed much except maybe his napping LOL. that has changed a bit due to older ones home and they like to keep him awake and play with him all the time.

mama_girl07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:05 AM

We have a schedule but as they are getting older its more lenient(sp). Things jsut happen at the same time everyday but Im not super strict. The only thing that i make sure happens is lunch between 11-12 and nap at or before 1p for my youngest than bed between 7-8 for both girls.

butterflyblu
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:58 AM

My 2 yr old has a routine, not really a schedule.  Meals/snacks are approximately the same time each day as is bathtime and bedtime.  Everything else is flexible depending on our plans for the day and the weather for outdoor time.  He had a naptime but lately hasn't been taking it.  My baby eats and sleeps on demand.  He also has a routine for bedtime but naps whenever.  He's not a good napper at all so I can't force it.  He typically gets solids twice a day (morning and evening) then bottles in between on demand.  Usually around 1 yr is when I started the routine with my older son.

babygomez
by April on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:48 AM

Yes i enforce a schedule/routine for my daughter :] She's now 19 m/o, her typical day is (i'll put it in a simple way):

Breakfast, Books/Art, Snack, Playtime/Outside, TV, Lunch, Nap, Snack, Playtime/Outide, Books/Art, TV, Dinner, Bath, Bed :]

Mommy2Nicholas8
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:54 AM
We have a routine but I'm not strict about it. Boys are 3 years old and 5 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wshngstr1976
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:02 AM

I am trying to get the schedule going...but so far my LO has a mind of his own and his own schedule that I cant seem to change....He is only a month and a half so I figure it will come...LOL

Schleetle
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:25 AM

Wakes up 7:30-8:30am, Nap 10am, Afternoon nap between 2-3pm,  1/2 jar baby food around 5-6pm, bedtime 9:30-10pm

She also eats on demand whenever throughout the day usually every 2-3hours. I don't strictly enforce the schedule, but I try to keep it routine.

emmiesmommy1109
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:35 AM

I just kind of let DD do whatever. But she put herself on a schedule, pretty much. Some days she doesn't follow it but usually this is how it goes:

Get up between 5:30-6:30. Eat oatmeal, have a bottle. Stay up for approximately 2-3 hours, take a nap usually about 45-to an hour. Get up, have a bottle, do whatever for a couple of hours, take a nap. Wake up eat some fruit, have a bottle, do whatever for a couple of hours, take a nap. Get up have a bottle, do whatever take a nap. Get up have some veggies, have a bottle do whatever. In the evenings she usually stays awake from 5 until 8:30-9 then goes to bed and do it all again.

Hopefully I got that right. Pretty sure anyways. It's the same thing everyday. I try to make sure she gets oatmeal between 6-8, fruit between 12 and 2 and veggies between 6 and 8. A bottle for all the in between. Although now I have to find a way to add meat to the mix. I was thinking half a jar veggies mixed with half a jar of meats in the evenings.

sstepph
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:38 AM

Yep. I've had him on a schedule since he was a baby. He's now 22 months and is still on a great schedule. 

Miss.Cullen
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:07 AM

We kind of have a schedule. I don't "inforce" it but it usually just happens like that.
Wakeup. Nurse. Breakfast. Playtime. Nurse. Nap. Nurse. Playtime/randomness (we visit people, take walks, play together, tv, whatever to keep us both occupied and a possible nurse/nap somewhere in there) Nurse, Dinner, Bathtime, Nurse, Bedtime. 

Mornings and evenings are usually the same. What is in the middle however greatly varies as we visit people often. We don't like to sit at home lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)