• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did you meet?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:46 AM
  • 24 Replies

How did you meet your DH/SO?

I met my DH through...get ready...texting! yep! Our phone company had alink where you can meet different people and text with them without seeing their number. We texted, talked on the phone for a while. Then one day he told me he LIKED me. We had a long distance relationship for a year and 6 months (His from Hawaii and Im from Cali). I visited him once and then he moved to be with me. We got married Jan of 2006 and we now have our DD. Only my sister and his favorit sister know the true way we meet. Our other family members think we meet through a friend.wink mini

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
college.mom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Yahoo chatroom, he was trying to message the person above me and he messaged me instead!

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:58 AM
We were set up on a blind date by mutual friends of ours. We knew so many of the same people it's weird we hadn't met before then. We have barely been apart since!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Verarose
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:03 AM

We worked at the same place, but he was always afraid I was stuck-up or to good for him (IDK why, I was cleaning window during college), and I didn't think much about him, except that he was more lofty than me.  My co-worker decided to play a prank on me (long story) which ended up with us going on a date, and later married.  I love that co-worker to this day.

weaveress
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:14 AM

through my stepdaughter's mother. we went to high school together, and she stayed with us when her mom and her got in a fight, and he was her ride to and from community service for shoplifting.

alandou
by April on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:19 AM

myspace...I was hubby shopping and he seemed of interest to me so I messaged him and he messaged me back and gave me his phone number if I wanted to text...

logans.momma.21
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:22 AM

at the first varsity football game our freshamn year of HS... he was 15 i was 14 and we have been together ever since... he will be 22 in august and i will be 21 in 3 days!! yay me.. lol!!

Simply-blissful
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:33 AM

i was a firend house and i went downstaris to talk to her brother. i opened his room door and saw some random guy sitting there. i went back upstaris and asked my friend who the weird dude was lol. she said blake and then started texting him from my phone. well later we all went to the mall with her dad and he decided he was ganna be a funny guy and text me a pick up line. i laughed and from thenon we texted non stop. 2 week later we were dating an then almost 2 years later we were married :) hes the only guy that i ever took a chance with and didnt know for a long time but he just gave me a funny feeling like he was worth it :) and he was i love him

sher71
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:37 AM

on my space, and we have been together for just over a yr, living together for almost a yr!!!!!!! he is the love of my life and my second chance for happiness!!!!!!

sarah4130
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:40 AM

the first time i meet my DH was junior yr of high school, he left a few days later.  i was visiting a friend at her house when my DH walks in, he ask my friend for my number and started showing up at my job, after a few weeks i gave in and went on a date, and we have been together ever since 2004

Mommy2Nicholas8
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:50 AM
We met in a taco bell parking lot. I gave him number but didn't think he would call a week later he called and we went on a date....six years later married with two kids! I'm happy I went to taco bell that night lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)