Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is to old (poll)

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:49 AM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: What age is the ultimate limit a person should be breastfeed?

Options:

1 year

2 years

3-4 years

5-6 years

7-9 years

until puberty

until child moves out of the house

until child gets married

until mother is deceased

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

I'm just curious what everyone thinks is the max limit that someone should breastfeed till.  Whether it is what you would choose or not, what do you think is just plain to old period, assuming that the child doesn't ween on their own.

This poll only relates to women in the United States not foreign or underdeveloped countries.

*No getting nasty ladies.  It's just a poll not a major debate.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Coasties_Girl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Why do people keep posting this same topic/debate over and over again? There is already a heated debate on the matter going on in this group.

Sorry...Just get tired of seeing it.

Although your poll options do have me laughing! laughing

Our Little Miracle

Joined Our Family On

July 21st 2009

Verarose
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:57 AM

It's not meant to be a debate.  I don't want to hear why anyone thinks a certain age should or shouldn't.  I'm just curious.  I hear the topic a lot and just wanted more clarity into what every one's idea of self weaning (of weening period) extends to.   Is there ever a limit? 

Really, just honestly curious.  No judgement here.

millermom07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Till the mother is deceased??? lmao 

"Honey, I'll be a little late getting home tonight; I have to run over to mom's to EAT!!" lol

Verarose
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Quoting Coasties_Girl:

Why do people keep posting this same topic/debate over and over again? There is already a heated debate on the matter going on in this group.

I'm was trying to include all possibilities. 

Although I guess I should have added in until mother hits menopause, becuase that might dry her up. 

Coasties_Girl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Quoting millermom07:

Till the mother is deceased??? lmao 

"Honey, I'll be a little late getting home tonight; I have to run over to mom's to EAT!!" lol

I am laughing so hard I am crying!! LMAO

Our Little Miracle

Joined Our Family On

July 21st 2009

Stephie280
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:09 AM

LMAO 

Quoting Verarose:

Quoting Coasties_Girl:

I'm was trying to include all possibilities. 

Although I guess I should have added in until mother hits menopause, becuase that might dry her up. 

logans.momma.21
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:17 AM

idont want to assume this is in refernce to my post.. but i must say i am mad at myself for not adding such a hysterical poll... i had to dry my tears before i was able to vote... LMAO!!

Verarose
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Quoting logans.momma.21:

idont want to assume this is in refernce to my post.. but i must say i am mad at myself for not adding such a hysterical poll... i had to dry my tears before i was able to vote... LMAO!!

Yes and No (you're the one who made a post about a five year old BF or something like that right?).  I saw the post, but didn't really read it or the comments to it.  Whenever I see something that has over 100 comments I figure it has turned out bad. 

In general I hear about self weaning, which I'm not putting down in the least.  I think every woman has an idea of when that child will self wean by.  For some it's before a couple years, others may be up for it till school age, or later.  I ASSUME that there isn't anyone who would keep at it until puberty, but please correct me if I'm wrong.  

I seriously want to know what everyone thinks.  

Although it's good to laugh to-lightens the tension. 

logans.momma.21
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:42 AM

yeah it got pretty heated... there are 2 moms that are babysitting the post and bashing any new post that thinks differently then they do so im not going to read anymoe comments on it

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CafeMom Tickers
babygomez
by April on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:34 AM

I didn't breastfeed, so here's a bump :]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)