• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you be mad?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:25 AM
  • 11 Replies
Ok sorry ahead of time I just need to vent. So a little background...my fiance is leaving to work out of state for a little over a month and today is his last day home. Our best friends laura and luke are engaged as well.
We planned on meeting up with them today to go on a picnic. We planned this before we knew it was AJ's last day here since luke is in town for a couple weeks. Laura and Luke went to the bars last night. I had texted her around midnight asking if she thought they would still be ok to hang out and she said yes that she wouldn't get drunk so we could still get together.
I get a text at 5:30 this am saying that it got out of hand last night and Luke and her got so drunk that luke fell and split open his eye. She said they wouldn't be coming cuz they would still be sleeping the night off and that she wouldn't be able to wake luke up.
Is it dumb that I am kind of mad about this? I mean we could have canceled on them due to it being AJs last day but instead we wanted to do the right thing since this was planned a while ago. I guess I'm not MAD but disappointed. What do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ambereno144
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:36 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:38 AM

I would be upset... besides why are two adults getting so drunk with eachother that one splits their eye open, and then are too hungover to do what they planned the next day? I think it's extremely rude, and stupid.

abc04789f
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:39 AM

i would say it's fine to be mad and disappointed.. but i would get over it, and enjoy the day with your man on his last day in town for a  month... bump.

wifeffd95c
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:40 AM

I would probably be annoyed too. Carelessness.

wifeffd95c
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:40 AM

bump

Sarah5708Emma
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:42 AM

i would be annoyed with the fact that they ditched out on you guys. especially if they knew it was your DH's last day home for a month. but i would just say screm them, and go enjoy your day together. continue with your picnic and get some QT with the hubs before he leaves.

Ambereno144
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:43 AM
Lol that's what I plan to do :]. This was my way to get over it haha.

Quoting abc04789f:

i would say it's fine to be mad and disappointed.. but i would get over it, and enjoy the day with your man on his last day in town for a  month... bump.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:05 AM

I would be annoyed

Honeybun09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:07 AM

I agree with the PPs. I would be annoyed.

~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~Have a baby? Come join the Babies group today!

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:49 PM

I'd be a lil hurt by it. Especially since she told you they wouldn't drink a lot so that you guys could still hang out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)