Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How popular is your babies name?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:09 AM
  • 13 Replies

Does your baby have a common name or did you choose a unique name for baby?

Was your name popular growing up?

*Happily married mommy of a preschooler, toddler and a newborn!*

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_girl07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:12 AM

I wouldnt say my girls names are popular i think they are like in the 600 on the top 1000 list, they are Addilynn and Emmalynn.

My name wasnt popular growing up but is making a comback, my name is Aubree

Ambereno144
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:13 AM
Makenlee is Not very popular.
My name is very average so I wanted kenlee to have a name that stood out but wasn't off the wall crazy haha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Our daughter's name isn't on the SSA list so I don't think it's popular. One of our sons has the most popular boy's name Jacob - DH named him after his grandfather. Our other sons name was like #93 the year we named him I think.

My name was supposedly popular. I run into a lot of people online with my name, but only knew two others growing up. My sister's named seemed a lot more popular.

cocorosey
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:18 AM

We named our daughter Amelia.  It was not popular when I grew up and I have never met any, then I find out she was the third one born at our hospital that week.  Ugh.

Oh well, maybe we come up with a nickname or have her go by her middle name if she has 6 Amelias in her class.  Her middle name is Aine (pronounced Awn-ya).  We found it on an irish baby name site.

asil
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:34 AM

my girls are Francesca and Izzabella.  neither very popular, they way they are spelled... but Isabella was in the top 25 (maybe even top 10) for 2008 when she was born.  But the girls go by Frankie and Izz (or Izzie) so I've never run into other girls with those names.

We have names picked out for #3 and while they are both a bit more popular... the girls nick name is not... and the boys name I fell in love with in high school so ... it's staying! ha!

My name is Lisa... while it's a popular name for 80's babies... there was 5 in my Senior year english class... I always hated that I couldn't go by something else... Like my Francesca Faye... she can be Francesca, Frankie, Fran, Frannie, Fannie or Faye... my Izzabella Cassandra can go by Izz, Izzie, bella (ugh), Ella, or Cassie... I wanted all my kids to have longer names that they can choose "who" they would like to be in the future... rather than just being "Lisa" forever...

Barronbaby
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:37 AM
my dd name isn't very popular her name is tristyn

I'm not sure on ds his is jeremy

mine isn't popular my full is brandin(usually go by brandi)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybun09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Esmeralda's name is not common and mine wasn't common growing up either.

Neither are really rare just not that common. :)

~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~Have a baby? Come join the Babies group today!

superexcitedmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:45 AM
My dd name is Isabella Erin Reese! number 1 name right now! (& i didnt name her after twilight... & we dont call her bella!!) my parents sometimes call her izzy. & my name is VERY popular! Jennifer haha In college half the hallway ws jennifers.... 2 in one room!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:42 AM

My oldest has a popular name but it was not popular when I named her

My son's name is not very popular

My newborn's name is pretty uncommon

I had a popular name growing up and so did DH 

cocorosey
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:00 PM

My name (Dawn) was allegedly popular when I grew up (born in 1974) but I only met three others - ever - and they never sold mugs/stickers/pens with my name at any novelty stores so it seemed rare in my area.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)