Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby xtra fussy for the past few days???

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:28 AM
  • 7 Replies

she's 10wks old and has been extra fussy for the past few days...she seems to be straining a lot and crying...also, she is randomly and not often at all coughing...sometimes sounds like she is gasping for air??? but it's so random when this stuff happens...oh and had a little bit of diarreah yesterday.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
onlyjamesgirl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:29 AM

oh and she fusses and cries hysterically if i put her down...she is sleeping a lot but will only do so in my arms and i have to hold her in cradle position but with her tummy pressed against my body

navywifey2006
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:33 AM

maybe a growth spurt or gas?

CAMKsMom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:35 AM

You are asking strangers with good intentions (hopefully) for medical advice.  We don't know you, your daughter or her situation.  We aren't able to see her to evaluate her or run tests nor are we able to look at a sample of her stool or listen to that cough.  If you have concerns, you really need to contact a medical professional either by phone or face to face conversation.  You can try a Walgreens pharmacy if they have those in your area---many now have walkin clinics.  You can also try an urgent care center or as a last resort, the emergency room. 

onlyjamesgirl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:57 AM

I am a first time mom and I was just asking for some simple advice in case another mom out there has experienced this with their baby. Hence my post. If it concerned me that much then I would seek medical attention. Thanks for your response.

Quoting CAMKsMom:

You are asking strangers with good intentions (hopefully) for medical advice.  We don't know you, your daughter or her situation.  We aren't able to see her to evaluate her or run tests nor are we able to look at a sample of her stool or listen to that cough.  If you have concerns, you really need to contact a medical professional either by phone or face to face conversation.  You can try a Walgreens pharmacy if they have those in your area---many now have walkin clinics.  You can also try an urgent care center or as a last resort, the emergency room. 

Honeybun09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:01 PM

I totally know where you are coming from. Most of the time, people are not asking for medical advice, just advice in general.

She might just have a small cold. I would keep an eye on her for a few days before seeking medical attention UNLESS she can't breathe, spikes a fever, stops eating, etc.

Quoting onlyjamesgirl:

I am a first time mom and I was just asking for some simple advice in case another mom out there has experienced this with their baby. Hence my post. If it concerned me that much then I would seek medical attention. Thanks for your response.

Quoting CAMKsMom:

~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~Have a baby? Come join the Babies group today!

onlyjamesgirl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:09 PM

thanks Honeybun09!!! I was coming back to check to see if anyone else responded to my post and got nervous cause I know I sounded like a B in my last response.

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:57 PM

She might have gas or be constipated sometimes that can cause the diarrhea. You can try some gas drops, gripe water. Also rub her tummy, a warm bath, hold her with her tummy on your arm and support her with the other arm and walk around or bounce on exercise ball.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)