Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Emergency C Section Postpardum

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

I had an Emergency C Section 8 weeks ago and have a lovely baby girl, but I've heard some C section rumors I am curious about. Some gals are telling me the discomfort/pain I feel an inch or two above the incision will last forever...ugh. Although its subsided a bit, if I dont wear granny panties, it bothers me. Does this pain ever go away?

Secondly, under the incision in one or two spots, I have "sores" that sometimes bleed or ooze other fluid. I havent been able to see my doc and wont until the first to ask him about them. I have some skin hanging over the incision and my husband says he thinks thats what its from. It feels like my incision has opened but that cant be the case because the sore is under it. Does anyone know anything about this?

Third, will this saggy skin ever go away? I havent been released by the doc for exercise yet, but am hoping some good ole fashioned sit-ups will tighten it so that it doesnt flap over the incision.

Any post C Section thoughts are appreciated!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Rylans_Momma
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:45 PM
I had an emergency c section 6 weeks ago, but I don't have any oozing, pain right now. I'm numb still in the area above my abdomen though. I'm glad you get to see your doc Thursday though! Mine didn't seal right, I had staples, so they used steri strips to get it to seal and proctect it. Wish I could be help honey!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steph2884
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:49 PM

You should see your doctor for any oozing fluid. I never had any of that, but was told to imediately call my doctor because it could be infection.

As for the discomfort, it gets better, but I still don't like having any elastic bands around my scar, and I had my section almost 3 years ago! The numbness will probably never go away. And I don't know if the sagging skin or the fat shelf goes away... mine is still here.

http://lifewithadrian.blogspot.com/

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Barronbaby
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:52 PM
I had an emergency c section 4 years ago although I was sore a while it eventually went away. I also had a planned c section 9 months ago and I can get sore if I wear too tight cloths or jeans for too long other than the occasional soreness I'm fine.
I do still have loose skin that was caused by the pregnancies and not the c sections and my obgyn told me the only real way to fix that is a tummy tuck. I did get little sores but things have tightened up enough that the skin is no longer hanging there just jiggles(tmi).
best advice is talk to your dr and know that it does eventually go away. If it didn't I wouldn't be ttc again for a 3rd c section lol ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2pittsburghboys
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I had an Emergency C Section 8 weeks ago and have a lovely baby girl, but I've heard some C section rumors I am curious about. Some gals are telling me the discomfort/pain I feel an inch or two above the incision will last forever...ugh. Although its subsided a bit, if I dont wear granny panties, it bothers me. Does this pain ever go away?   Yes in my case the pain did eventually go away it takes a little while but by 4-6 months after my first section it was gone.  I have had 2 more C-Sections since my 1st and each one took less time to heal and for that pain to go away.

Secondly, under the incision in one or two spots, I have "sores" that sometimes bleed or ooze other fluid. I havent been able to see my doc and wont until the first to ask him about them. I have some skin hanging over the incision and my husband says he thinks thats what its from. It feels like my incision has opened but that cant be the case because the sore is under it. Does anyone know anything about this?   This would concern me a little bit it has been 8 weeks and you should not have bleeding or oozing from your incision.  I would keep an eye on it and make sure you clean it real well in the shower and when your done dry it real well...Don't wear any type of underwear or clothing that will rub on that area. It will only irritate it and take longer to hear :)  As for the numb feeling with mine it did eventually go away and my youngest is 13 months.   I would definately call your OB/GYN and let them know about the bleeding and oozing they may want to see you sooner.

Third, will this saggy skin ever go away? I havent been released by the doc for exercise yet, but am hoping some good ole fashioned sit-ups will tighten it so that it doesnt flap over the incision. To be honest with you it depends on your and your body.  My sag went away from my first 2 babies but for some reason #3 is still hanging around....lol..I know some women who say they never got rid of the saggy skin and then their are others that get rid of it right away ..IMO only time will tell :)

Congrats on the baby girl...Good Luck Momma and remember to give it time...Your body just went through MAJOR changes and major surgery...It will take time for things to get back to normal...But in the mean time enjoy that Baby Girl :)

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:24 PM

BUMP!

babygomez
by April on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:34 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)