• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

constipated baby

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

my baby is 7 months old and is having trouble with her poo. it is always formed and quite hard. I give her fruits but that doesn't seem to help. could it be her formula? She is on the goodstart gentle plus. what formula should i switch hre to?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
S_morgan09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:36 PM

I use prosobee soy formula, but try a tablespoon of DARK karo syrup in her bottle about twice a day. It will take a day, but it always works for my daughter. Its what my doctor reccomended for my 6 month old when she was born and then it was a teaspoon, but she told me to use a tablespoon at this age if she has problems. Plus its natural!

Chrissy9479
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:43 PM

my son is constipated to, but its from eating carrots and sweet potatoes, he is 6 months old now and breastfed, i have been told gripe water works but haven't tried it yet. this morning i have him a bath and just let him sit there and play and he finally relaxed enough and had it all over the tub lol, but he felt better so I didn't mind cleaning it up!  

if shes been on the same formula for a while its probably not that its probably just her body adjusting to the foods, I'd try the syrup.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Iron can constipate babies. I would ask a doctor to find out the best solution.

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I would ask your dr for the best thing. You can just call them and talk to the nurse and ask

NewMomma1013
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Went to the Dr and she was put on Nutramigen. That helped but she hates it and now has runny poos so I am not moving her to similac isomil soy so hopefullly that will work out better. Thanks for all the replies!

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Ever since Eddy started food his poo has been that way as well. I just try to give him a juice which does seem to help. But either way he acts like it's all the same...No fussiness.

lauratupper
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 5:57 PM

BUMP!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 7, 2010 at 7:10 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)