Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm ready to be single! Updated*

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:42 PM
  • 30 Replies

For the last few weeks all I have done is cook, clean, run errands, nurse the baby, break up the kids' fighting, change diapers, wait on my SO, cook, clean, run errands, nurse the baby, break up the kids' fighting, change diapers, wait on my SO, cook clean, run errands, nurse the baby, break up the kids' fighting, change diapers, wait on my SO...over and over and over...

I have not gotten one "thank you", "you are so great", "let me help you". They just want more and more and more. All day today I have busted my rear to do all of the above. As soon as my butt touches the couch for a rest, "honey, could you please help me?", "I'm hungry!", or the dryer beeps or the baby wakes up...

I scour the kitchen spotless, then go to my room and fold laundry only to find that SO and the kids have already trashed it. I clean the bathroom and return to the kitchen. By the time the kitchen is clean, the livingroom and bathroom are trashed.

I literally have not even had 5 minutes to myself in weeks. I haven't had a shower in 4 days! When I cleaned the bathroom, I scrubbed the tub so I could have a bubble bath tonight but guess what? So decided to do a water change in the fish tank and dumped dirty fish water down the drain in the tub right after I cleaned it. So, no bath unless I sanitize the bathroom again today.

I'm on the verge of walkng away and being single again...ok, not really, but I am on the verge of losing it and just need something for me that doesn't require work or being annoyed!

Thanks for the support ladies. I re-cleaned the bathroom last night and locked myself in it for 3 hours. I told SO and the kids that nobody knocks on the door, walks in, or talks to me through the door.

I gave myself a facial, waxed my eyebrows, did a mani and pedi, shaved my legs, and then ran a lavender bubble bath and soaked for an hour with a glass of wine, chocolate truffles, and a book I haven't gotten to pick up in weeks. Basically, all the things I never have time to do.

After that, I locked myself in my room and watched Dirty Dancing before going to sleep.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:09 PM

I understand, I have those days!!     This to shall pass...

Chrissy9479
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:21 PM

2 things. 1 talk to SO about how you are feeling, chances are he doesn't realize how stressed you are.  2. dont worry about the house being spotless!!! pick it up and clean the necessary things of course but if its a choice between sweeping the kitchen floor or taking a 10 minute break, take the break the floor will still need swept later and can wait!  its ok momma things will get better! *hugs*

supernesie
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Oh hunny!  I'm in the SAME boat, except I haven't had the baby yet and it's just DH and DS.  I feel like his slave... and the minute I sit down, he asks me to get him a drink or fix him a plate or wash his work clothes or telling me Aidan has a poopy diaper and he can't change it because he's too busy playing a video game. 

We got into a fight last week and he told me to get out... so I did. I took our son and went to my parents house, 3 hours away and have since filed for custody since he was nothing but nasty to me all week, telling me things like "my family hates you" and "you're not worth defending" and "You're a b*tch."  I couldn't take it anymore.  More power to you for being able to stick it through... I love him, but I'm no slave.

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
mommy2xp
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I'm going through that right now. I'm not busting my butt right now. If they want to make a mess they can learn to clean it up or live in it. (ok it's not as bad as it sounds lol) I just dont jump and run and pick up every lil thing. there are toys on the floor they get picked up once a day so i can vacuum. I clean the bathtub right before I get it or dh woudl decide to clean the fish tank! (he hasn't in about a year!!!!) my 2 yr old took a dozen eggs and one by one threw them on the floor!!! guess who got to clean that up :)

akb300
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:09 PM
*HUGS*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3_cookies
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:05 PM
The world is made of dirt...youll never get all of it :) and my fav. things to say to dh when he wants me to do something 4 him : god helps those who help themselves or Im in time out for ___. hope it get better for you, if not put your foot down and tell him that he needs to step it up a notch or 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ammie25
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Put up a sign that says "mommy" does not mean "maid." clean it up yourself! LOL. Mostly joking, but kinda not. :)

Hope you realize that as long as you are doing all the cleaning, nobody else has to! And if they are used to you doing all the work and never complaining, then it's easy for them to look right past it.

I would definitley ditto on talking to your SO about how your feeling. And if your kids are old enough, maybe it's time for a chore chart?

Hope things get better!

MelaneeO
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:39 PM

i had to learn to ask. ask for aknowledgment. ask for time/space. actually say out loud: i am cleaning the tub and then going to use it- please give me time. etc.

it'll turn your life from being the victim to being the creator

MunchiesMom324
by Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Omg - I am in the same boat as many of you!  I remember scouring my bathroom last week... I was on the floor with bleach and a putty knife trying to get the pages from my book the dogs had chewed up and then urinated on and it was stuck to the floor, scrubbed my shower and tub... only to find the next day that during bathtime, DS2 and DS3 had gotten into my cardboard applicator "girly things" and the soap and everything else and RUINED my tub... then DH shaved his head and rinsed off in the shower leaving little hairs all over the freakin place...

I cleaned the kitchen last night and elves came in and destroyed it while we were sleeping...

I vac'd last night (for the 3rd time yesterday) and overnight something (a shoe? a stuffed animal? an power cord?) is shredded all over the place.  Then there's the poop... is it dog? is it human? IDK. They do it to spite me... DS2 and DS3 are still in diapers (when I can convince them to keep them on), so it could be either.

Then- today... DH says "Before you go to your job interview, you need to get the house cleaned".  WTF.  Its cleaned (ok, maybe not DEEP cleaned) everyday but.... really?  Why me?  Why couldn't WE have done it yesterday when he was off of work?  Because while I'm cleaning, I still have three destructive kids and three even more destructive dogs going behind me undoing all of the work I'd just accomplished.

Screw him.  I'm spending the day on the computer and to hell with the house.  HA!

momof4kidsat24
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:12 AM

tell your SO to get off of his ass and help you around the house, put your foot down, just because you're the woman/mother doesn't mean you're the one that has to do it all. i wouldn't put up with that. my hubby knows to help me because i have made it clear that i'm not the only one living here. make it known to him. he's a man he isn't going to do those things if you make him feel like he doesn't have to. as long as you allow it. then he will keep on doing it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)