Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have you ever.......

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:47 PM
  • 13 Replies

been in a car accident? 

with you driving or not driving? 

how bad was it?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carinyosa99
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Two accidents.  The first one was in college when I crashed into a pole in the parking garage.  The second accident was about 6-7 years ago and I was at a red light.  It had just turned green so we were starting to move, but the guy driving behind me (he was approaching the light) didn't realize it and didn't slow down/stop fast enough and rear-ended me and I hit the person in front.  The woman in front was a total idiot and thought I hit her before he hit me and she took both of us to court.  Thankfully the case was dropped against me (at the court) but I don't know what happened with the other guy. 

rockinmomto2
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Yeah, when I was 13. Some dumb ass lady ran into the back of my moms car when she was driving me to school. Then tried to get my mom to tell her it was okay to leave before talking to the cops. Hell no. I ended up having back and neck issues. My spine is much more straight now, and no amount of chiropractic care changed that. I did massages 3 times a week for two months, then continued with seeing a chiropractor after we moved for almost 2 years.

Barronbaby
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:52 PM
yes I was driving...a pick up was plowing out of a parking lot and it looked like he was going to wait since I had right of way and instead he backed into th front of my car. No one was hurt and he was at fault because it's illegal to plow from a parking lot into a road
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chrissy9479
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:52 PM

sounds like the lady was looking for money, don't you just love sue happy people??  glad you are ok though :)

Quoting carinyosa99:

Two accidents.  The first one was in college when I crashed into a pole in the parking garage.  The second accident was about 6-7 years ago and I was at a red light.  It had just turned green so we were starting to move, but the guy driving behind me (he was approaching the light) didn't realize it and didn't slow down/stop fast enough and rear-ended me and I hit the person in front.  The woman in front was a total idiot and thought I hit her before he hit me and she took both of us to court.  Thankfully the case was dropped against me (at the court) but I don't know what happened with the other guy. 

Chrissy9479
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:38 PM

BUMP!

Cassidysmom611
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Yes,5 actually

My first was when I was 6 or so, we were in california and someone went through an intersection and hit us. It wasn't too bad

My 2nd was with a friend and her mom she was driving and were stopped at a red light and a guy  rear ended us (not bad either)

my 3rd was when we were at a rotary and someone the woman behind us was looking at the traffic comming and not ahead and rear ended my mom (who was driving.

my 4th was the worst. We were comming through a green light and someone ran a red light and t-boned us. Totaled the car, I hurt my neck, and back. Luckily though my DD who was 1 at the time was fine (hubby was driving then)

my 5th and most recent was labor day of 2009, somone rear ended us while at a light, the worst part is she took off when we went to pull over in the parking lot through the intersection and she had 3 kids in the car. I was fine just shook up because  I was 4 months pregnant.

Chrissy9479
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:50 PM

wow!! i am glad you are ok after all of that!

Quoting Cassidysmom611:

Yes,5 actually

My first was when I was 6 or so, we were in california and someone went through an intersection and hit us. It wasn't too bad

My 2nd was with a friend and her mom she was driving and were stopped at a red light and a guy  rear ended us (not bad either)

my 3rd was when we were at a rotary and someone the woman behind us was looking at the traffic comming and not ahead and rear ended my mom (who was driving.

my 4th was the worst. We were comming through a green light and someone ran a red light and t-boned us. Totaled the car, I hurt my neck, and back. Luckily though my DD who was 1 at the time was fine (hubby was driving then)

my 5th and most recent was labor day of 2009, somone rear ended us while at a light, the worst part is she took off when we went to pull over in the parking lot through the intersection and she had 3 kids in the car. I was fine just shook up because  I was 4 months pregnant.

sarah513
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:50 PM

I was driving in the rain and I lost control of my car and it slammed into a tree going about 50mph. My poor car was trashed. I was bruised, burned from the air bag, and my chest hurt, but I was ok. I was knocked unconscious so I didn't see my car until I went to clean it out and I was shocked. I could have been hurt a lot worse. I was lucky.

Chrissy9479
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I've actually never been in a car accident, I almost was once.  I was driving home from school and my mom called and said that the tread on her tire had come off and she was on the side of the road and wanted me to follow her home just incase. so I was about 5 minutes away and told her I'd be there shortly. So I have a school bus in front of me, a semi behind me and a bus behind him. I'm in this little chevy malibu right, we are going about 60mph and where my mom is at is right before these 2  curves, and there are no roads to turn on to or driveways, so I know she is not to far ahead so i slow down and put my turn signal on so the semi driver knows i am going to get over, well i start slowing down and he just keeps getting closer and closer and he either didn't see that i had slowed down or didn't care, don't know but if i had slowed down anymore he would have ran me over, so i pull off the road going 45mph and came, this is no exaggeration, about 6 inches from a telephone pole and my car stopped! i was hitting the brakes the whole time but it had rained earlier that day so the grass was wet and the back end just keep sliding around, and you could see the skid marks where i was trying to stop. and the stupid truck driver just kept right on going, did even slow down or anything, and the bus behind him stopped and asked if i was ok, i said yeah im fine just a little shook up. well my poor mom was sitting in the van not 20 feet from me freaking out!  all i have to say is that someone was watching over me that day! how in the world i didn't hit that pole, i don't know, but it scared the crap out of me! 

Mom2Kylie2708
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I have been in 2 accidents. The first one I was in the passenger seat, we were stopped at a red light. (I lived with my friend and she was driving home from school) I look in the side view mirror and see a car flying up...Some idiot from my highschool was messing with his radio and hit us at 55mph in a 15! My friend and I were taken by ambulance to the hospital and both had sprained necks, whiplash, and some back issues. We had to return to school a few days later in the braces too =[.

The 2nd one My DH (fiancee at the time) was taking me out for dinner and driving his mustang. We were in the left lane and some guy decided to turn left and cause of traffic he decided to go into the right lane where at the time no one was...the idiot behind us whipped out as we did and floored his ancient civic hatchback and his front bumper lightly hit our back. He was all mad that his new paint got affected but knew it was his fault. DH wanted to file a police report but after 50 mins no cops arrvied so we all decided to leave lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)