• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guns.

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:59 PM
  • 12 Replies

Have you ever seen someone (not a police officer) carry a gun around in a store, or restaurant?

Today we went to Starbucks, and a guy had a 22 rifle on his back walking into the coffee shop like it wasn't weird. Another guy asked if the gun was loaded, and the first guy says "yes it is my right bla bla". DH told me to take the kids back to the car, and he would bring the coffee out because he wasn't comfortable with the kids being there. DH has met the guy who had the gun before, and talked to me about him being strange. DH worked at a store PT, and this guy would come in to ask odd questions. We see this guy always walking around in circles in parking lots of that area too. DH said the guy just got a cup of iced water, and left. The barista told DH that he has come in there with a big knife on his belt before too, and they always try to get him to leave quick because he bothers customers. I'm not against people having guns, but it was really weird.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chrissy9479
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:03 PM

yeah thats kinda odd, i would be a little freaked out too. I'm not against guns at all but there really isn't any reason to be carrying a loaded rifle around a starbucks!

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:04 PM

I'm all for your right to carry a gun...I myself carry.But that's just WEIRD!Why do you need to carry a rifle?That's not for personal protection.I'm guessing this guy has a few loose screws....

MissiHampt
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I thought you needed a permit to carry?

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I have not. but that would have made me really uncomfortable!

Schleetle
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:10 PM

IDK if this guy had one, or not... Of course this was like the only time we didn't see police getting coffee there to check out if he did either.

Quoting MissiHampt:

I thought you needed a permit to carry?

lovemy2boys39
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:43 PM

That is weird. I have never seen someone with a rifle out in public. I have only seen guys with handguns.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

prdmama82
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:05 PM
That is weird. Both my dad and younger brother have permits to carry concealed handguns, but Ive never seen anyone just carrying around a rifle unless they were hunting. I woulda been freaked out too especially since hes been seen acting weird before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mavcoed
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM
I don't know were your from nut inNebraska they have signs on store windows telling you if you can have a weapon. Concealed or not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2B110
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Weird. I would be totally uncomfortable around that guy

joci2203
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:19 PM

I would be uncomfortable, but I am all for the right to bear arms:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)