Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Midwife or OB?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:10 PM
  • 8 Replies

Did you have a Midwife or OB. Would you go back to them?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cpflum08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:14 PM

I have a midwife and that's what I hope to always have:) I feel if you should have a OB its because u have a medical issue that makes u high risk, and then u cant have a midwife.

Barronbaby
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:15 PM
ob...only because I have to have c sections with anymore children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:21 PM

My midwife is the only one I will ever see!!  She delivered all 4 of my kids and my sisters 2 and she is great :)

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:40 PM

I'm on the search for a new OB/GYN right now.I was in LOVE with my old one,the one that I had while I was pregnant with Helena...but he retired shortly after Helena was born :o( I started seeing another dr in the office but I just never clicked with her and the 45 minute drive to the office just didn't seem worth it anymore.

babygomez
by April on Jun. 28, 2010 at 4:15 AM

OB, yes i would LOVE to have her again someday, she was the best :]

teddysmama09
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 4:22 AM

we started out with an OB who was awesome, but at 12 weeks we decided to switch to a midwife. The switch had no reflection on the OB, like I said, we thought he was great, I just liked the midwife protocal better. Going to a MW is like going to see a close friend. The setting is relaxing and homey and they devote at least a half hour to every visit. During my pregnancy I also got to meet with a substitute MW, just in case my regular one would not be able to assist me during labour and delivery. As it turned out my MW was on vacation when I went into labour but the sub was there for me every step of the 39 hour journey.

I LOVED the MW experience and suggested it to many friends who are preggo, and they all love their MWs too. Fortunately here in Canada it's fully covered under provincial health insurance, so it didn't cost us a dime.

heatherhall29
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 4:25 AM

I had a midwife

AMCMSM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 4:28 AM

I saw both. My OB is in practice with his wife a midwife. Since I saw both I was given many options. After my car accident and bought with e.coli and high BP. I saw my OB exclusively.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)