Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paci's!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:55 PM
  • 12 Replies

Does your baby have a paci? When and how will you get rid of it?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_girl07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Yes my youngest has one now she is 15 months. I was planning on taking it at 18 months but I may let it go til 2 i dont know but I do it cold turkey. I did it the same way with my oldest i jsut find them all and bag them up and put them somehwere where its inconvienent for me to get them and she couldnt see them, just in case it was like MAJOR MAJOR meltdown when they were gone but she did good only one day of crying and that was it. My youngest is a bit more attatched to it for sleeping so I will see whats going on in our lives around 18 months and decide then.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:04 PM

My younger one uses a paci sometimes. She's 2 months old. She's been using one less and less already though. Every so often she likes to have something to suck on for comfort but as I said it's becoming less often. If she still uses it when she's 1 I'll probably take it but I'm not sure...I'll just play it by ear. :-) As long as she's not how my SIL was and still be using one when she's 11. :-S Lol!

MissiHampt
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:06 PM

I'm the pacifier, and I'm ok with that for now....

Umm__Rashid
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:07 PM

WE love binki! it's been a great help with teething since he's never been interested in teething rings.....dont tell him but we're gonna try to get rid of binki befor 2 ...tapering off till binki just goes poof

~I am Mommy, Hear me RoAr!!~

My4Marvels
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Luckly mine doesn't take a paci often he only does if he gets really sleepy and has already ate, i will rock him and as soon as he's asleep he is good without it.

Co-Owner of THE FORT SMITH PINK LADIES Come join if you live around this area*

MamaBear2cubs
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Neither of my babies would ever take a paci.

CAMKsMom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:13 PM

My 3 month old baby girl is given a pacifier mainly when she wakes up at night but only if she is crying and can't be consoled and put back to sleep any other way.  She is given the pacifier other times when she cries but if she spits it out and is not crying, we don't stick it back in her mouth.  She is also given the pacifier after a feeding when we are certain that she has a full belly.

One day we will put them in an envelope and put them in the mailbox to give to the Paci Fairy so that she can give them to other boys or girls that may need to be soothed.  Yes, I am a Supernanny fan.  Her show helped me be a better stepmom and I'm sure it will continue to be valuable to me as a mom. 

Alexz_Mommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Yep.  He will be 2 in August.  He ONLY has it at night and I'm honestly not sure how to take it away.  He shrieks for hours on end if he doesn't have it :-/

prdmama82
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:21 PM
All 3 of mine took them. All 3 of them gave them up on their own. My oldest was 16 or 18 months and other 2 were less than 1.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2xp
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Me too. My older two self weaned at a about a year old so I was fine with it

Quoting MissiHampt:

I'm the pacifier, and I'm ok with that for now....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)