Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babysitter

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:57 PM
  • 12 Replies

How did you find your babysitter? (if you have one) what questions did you ask?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
superexcitedmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:02 PM
Online - craigslist... but sittercity & care.com are cool! ask things like what kinds of activites would u do with the child? do they just sit in front the tv? is ur home babyproof? responsible? references? how would they handle certain situations, emergencies, fighting, not sharing, thngs like this..... smoke? will they get a background check? cpr/first aid certified? experience? watch how they speak or repky in an email... if they have horrible grammer... for me that is a dead NO ....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_girl07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Our babysitter is one of my best friends here in SLC. I met her because she lived next door. I jsut got to know her well before i left the kids with her. They love her now and my 3 yr old asks us when we are going to leave so she can play with Katie lol

Amanda904
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:26 PM

My babysitter is usually my mom b/c she's free and loves to spend time w/ her grandchildren/

joci2203
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:27 PM

It's my brother, he wasn't too hard to find,lol:)

babygomez
by April on Jun. 28, 2010 at 4:16 AM

BUMP!

SSCleve
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Hi, this is Stacy. I’m a member of Care.com’s Mom Force—a team of work-at-home moms that helps with safety and customer service.  I may be biased but as a mom I think Care.com is an amazing resource for finding care providers. The site offers free background checks, uses the Mom Force to review all care providers and job posts before we post them online, and gives you access to recorded references and reviews to help you decide who to hire. They also have exclusive members-only features like Care-on-Call (for last-minute care), Care Exchange (to meet families who want to exchange babysitting and pet sitting services).  Plus an amazing selection so you’ll be able to find a match that’s right for you and your family. Good Luck in your search.

JavaMama11309
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Um, I found my babysitter, because she used to babysit me! I usually have family watch my son for dates with my fiance, but the sitter gets him during the day while at work.

Renee02
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:21 PM

I found mine on craigslist..I put a ad in and she replied..We met her in my home with her mother as well..She is 17 and a senior in high school..I asked if she is experienced in my kds ages, and for how long and what she has done with these ages before..What caught my eye about her was that as soon as she walked in the door and said hi, she went straight for my kids and played with them and talked to them and ignored me LOL..But me and her mom was talking anyways lol..She lets me pay her whatever I want..She is normally always free..We have had her for over a yr..But sadly we are moving so we will be loosing her..

dani-doll
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:26 PM

I chose a  babysitter for DS rather than day care because he had to eat every 2 hours, and it was kind of complicated. But the babysitter is the mom of kids my brother and I grew up with. She is great. She kept on his feeding schedule and he gained the weight he needed. Better yet, when he sees her, he leaps into her arms. I love that. She does flash cards with him to teach him words. She is great. The first day, she gave me a list of what he did, and what time. I didn't need all that, but i appreciated it. now i just need to know if he poos or not! LOL

KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:32 PM

My family is my babysitter! I have 5 sisters and 2 of them help me out alot, my mom and dad also help alot, they only live a few streets over!  Also My best friend babysits for me when I need her too :)  She even came over over at 5 oclock in the morning because I had to work, now thats a good friend <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)