Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

screaming baby

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:09 PM
  • 32 Replies

ive rocked her, gave her gas drops, gave her gripe water, rubbed her belly, ect. ive even cried with her, im a first time mom and idk what else i can do! PLEASE HELP!!!!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandyjh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:12 PM
I don't know how old she is, but have you tried swaddling and giving her a paci as you rock her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kym_hester
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:13 PM

yes i have, by the shes almost 3 months

MamaBear2cubs
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Have you tried a bath? follow it up by adding lotion and warm jammies. My daughter will fall asleep almost immediately after. Good luck hun.

Umm__Rashid
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:17 PM

try laying her across your knee/upper leg so her belly is against that, sometimes the pressure helps...does she have a binki? that can help too....other th ings Ive tried is a swing ( if you have one) or putting em' in the carseat ( if it's one of them rear facing ones) and rocking em' in that....if you drive you could strap up and go for a ride...I've also been told that strapin em in and sitting em on  a dryer helps ( but if its realy hot  where your at may not work IDK)  another thing...what is she dressed in? sometimes striping em down to diaper helps....do you know how to swaddle? swaddling can help...

Remember Babies Cry aaaand it is perfectly normal to be perfectly fustraited by this if it is tooo much for you to handle put baby in a safe place and step away...go to other room maybe call a friend, can someone come over and sit with you and baby?

CAMKsMom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:18 PM

I know this sounds dumb but have you tried to feed her?  I ask only because my cousin called her mother at 2am once....Her baby had been crying hysterically for an hour and mom and dad tried everything they could to console her.  So, my aunt goes to her daughter's house and asks, "Have you fed her?"  I kid you not, my cousin looked at her mom and said, "But it's not time for her to eat yet!"  They fixed a bottle and what do you know?  She ate it and immediately went to sleep.

If you have a vehicle, you could try hopping in the car and taking a little ride.  The car is good at putting babies to sleep. 

TOMBOI
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:19 PM
A nite stroll or car ride..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Guinevere168
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:20 PM

If it's not hunger, maybe check to see if she's too hot or cold, make sure nothing is causing her pain like a random hair wrapped around a toe (it can happen), or something sharp in the seams of her clothes. My son did that too at 2 months old, and the only position he liked was when I was walking around with him on my left shoulder, bouncing my steps as I walked.

Hang in there mommy, you are in a difficult time right now, but you can do this! Try anything you can think of, get help from someone who can take a turn with baby while you rest. If you feel yourself getting angry and thinking it will never stop, remember that you can put baby safely in her bassinet or crib, wherever she sleeps, and walk away for a few mintues. Be sure baby is secure and in no danger of pulling blankets or anything else over her face.

I've been right where you are, and it will get a lot better, before you know it.

CAMKsMom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:22 PM

I tried to look up where you live so I could give you the number for your local Crisis Nursery so you could ask advice/get help but I was unable to find that information. Hang in there mama.  It's tough.  I have a 3 month old too.

Angelgirl25
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:22 PM

few more ideas:

put her in a stroller, roll a small towel up and lay it on the floor and roll the stroller back and forth over the towel (good alternative if you don't wanna go for a real walk or drive)

does she cry more when you lay her flat than if you hold her upright? she may have an ear infection if she does.

also it could be colic.

try running a straight hot shower and sitting in the bathroom, sometimes the steam helps calm them down.

try running the vacuum OR putting the tv onto a static channel. babies love white noise for some reason.

other than that, maybe she's just overstimulated, try laying her down and leaving her for a few minutes. she may calm herself.

mommy2xp
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Try feeding her, sometimes my dd will be crying for no reason I'll try to feed her and it will just make her scream even more, then a lil bit longer of screaming and she's hungry. Also try giving her a bath then feed her. Best thing for you to do is remain calm she can feel if you are worried, scared, frustrated everything

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)