Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

very sad!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:56 PM
  • 25 Replies

last week my son cryed all day every day sunday-friday! we found out that he had a viral infection called herpangina. My husband of course was on a business trip that left me all alone to deal with this. (I respect single parents out there so much more) All this week my temper and patience was tested, bringing me to my very lows that make me pretty embarrased to even think about. At more times I would even think "ugh why do I have this baby, why wont he just shut up, why why why!!!"

Sad part~my friends 4 month old baby died last night at his dads house in bed with him. He rolled over in the middle of the night and suffocated him.

And I cant deal with a crying baby?

If you are a praying person, think of my friend when you are saying your prayers before you go to sleep.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TOMBOI
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:58 PM
Will do so sad..is he goin to b charged..just wondering..never knew anybody who has done that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TOMBOI
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:59 PM
An hope your son is doing better..my dd had 2 of them when she was a infant

Quoting TOMBOI:

Will do so sad..is he goin to b charged..just wondering..never knew anybody who has done that

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sophie4910
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:00 AM

I will deff keep your friend in my prayers. Im so sorry to hear that.

Anasmommy1110
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:01 AM
I'm so sorry for your friend. My sisters 5 week old son died in her bed. I saw him after he had past away. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to go threw and he wasn't even my son. I would never ever wish the death of a child on anyone. Its been almost 4 years since it happened. It doesn't go away, but it gets a lil easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissy8907
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:06 AM
I'm so sorry and can relate there are times I think I have it bad and so many have it sooo much harder lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stylin_mom14
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:06 AM

did she roll on top of him? was there any charges made?! this is what they are dealing with now.

stylin_mom14
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:08 AM

it is being investigated, they are making sure there isnt more to the story. i could never imagine waking up to my dead child next to me. thanks for the prayers!

aSoldierSWifE44
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:09 AM

I knew someone, no charges. It probably depends upon state though?

Quoting TOMBOI:

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:14 AM

So sad.  The only time I've ever heard of charges being brought is if it can be proven that the parent was intoxicated or on drugs when they went to bed with the child.  And not to vent on such a sad post or anything, but this is why fathers should co-sleep alone with baby.  They don't have that built in instinct that a mother has.  I don't pray, but I will be thinking of your friend and hoping she has the support she needs to get through this.

kelpresmommy
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:15 AM

oh my god. I am sorry for your friend. There will probably be no charges due to alot of babies do sleep with there parents, and I know of a fatherthat did the exact same thing as that father did and he was never charged with anything......

More so it will be a charge of his inner guilt and his own blame. I hope the momma dont blame him to (even though I know I would be going balistic on my childs father just to release my hurt and pain) he is probably beating himself up for doing it and accidentally killing his little boy.

My heart goes out to your friend and the family.....

Thanks by the way I am a single momma of 3 and I go through the healthy times, the sick times, the good times, the bad times, everything all on my own 24/7 364 days a week. And believe me since you did go through this week of a very sick baby you'll be able to handle it better if it happens again when your hubby is gone again. Oh and dont feel terrible I think all mommas have said what you have said once or twice when it came to a very sick baby or child. you are a good momma dont beat your self up to bad on the past week ok.

Hope your baby is feeling lots better though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)