Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

HELP!!! My Son Keeps Throwing UP In Morning *UPDATE*

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 8:37 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hi for the last 2 nights/mornings (5-6am) my son has woken up and thrown up then been just fine after words. He played all day, eats and never throwes up again. I'm not sure if he's sick or if somthing he is eating is making him sick in te morning. He is 16 months old and a boy. I am a SAHM so he doesn't go to daycare and has no baby sitter. I'm just so worried this will be a every morning thing if I don't find out whats wrong. Please any suggestions are vary welcome I just want to keep my little boy from throwing up every morning thank you all!!!!

~vary worried mommy~

After not letting my son eat after 7pm and giving him children's antacid tablets we had no throwing up this morning. yay!!!

So we will see if we have such luck with not giving him the antacid tablets and just do no food after 7pm.thanks to all the moms for the advise and help!!!

hugsLove Always Ashleyblowing kisses

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lundaylove
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 8:45 AM

when is the last time he is easting before bed? maybe its a blood sugar thing.. going too long in between meals??

sweet_ashes2209
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 8:47 AM

We put him to bed at 10pm and he last eats between 8 or 9pm to keep him full and happy over night and it has never given him a problem befor.

Barronbaby
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 8:47 AM
you know my ds has been doing the same thing for a week he has a dr appt at 1 today I hope you ds feels better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MDAlvarado
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 8:51 AM

I would probably make a call into the pediatrician's office. See what they say, maybe they'll have some reccomendations; or request to see him.

mamabens
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Has he been acting stuffy or like he had phlegm in his throat when he first wakes up? Does he drink milk as soon as he wakes up? He could just have seasonal allergies & have the build up of phlegm overnight & the milk jsut upsets it all &  then it comes up. TMI but when he throws up, does it seem to be alot of phlegmy stuff, stringy & snotty? Otherwise I don't know.

sweet_ashes2209
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 9:07 AM

He doesn't eat befor throwing up its rite when he wakes up 5-6am  and he even went back to sleep this morning. No congestion and he hasn't shown any sighns of allergies yet.  The first time it was alot and looked like baby spit up becouse it was milk and this time i'm guessing becouse i didn't give him the bottle of milk it was less and looked yellowish like stomick vial.

sharandean
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Sorry :(  Maybe it is a GERT thing. Are you keeping him upright at least 10 minutes after eating/drinking? Haven't you ever ate a lot and then laid down? When I do that I feel like throwing up when I wake up too! I would call the DR to make sure but I always hold my DS after eating/drinking or keep him in his high chair so that the food has time to get down in his tummy.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 1, 2010 at 12:22 PM

BUMP!

sweet_ashes2209
by on Jul. 2, 2010 at 3:28 PM

BUMP!

babygomez
by April on Jul. 2, 2010 at 4:42 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)