Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How long were you....

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2010 at 11:44 PM
  • 36 Replies

in labor for? Did you do most of it at the hospital or did you wait to go in?

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

by on Jul. 4, 2010 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 4, 2010 at 11:45 PM

My water broke at my doctors appt. so I went right to the hospital and DS came 5 hours later.

lovemy2boys39
by on Jul. 4, 2010 at 11:47 PM

With my first I went into labor at 29 weeks. We got the labor to stop. My water broke at 32 weeks. My contractions started coming very hard and very painful. We got to the hospital. Less than 30 minutes later I was pushing and baby was here.

With my second I started having contractions at 27 weeks. They were not regular though. I was sent home. I went into labor at 32 weeks again. I was at the hospital for about 3 hours when baby was born.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 4, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Wow thats quick. I hope my next goes even faster lol.

Quoting lovemy2boys39:

With my first I went into labor at 29 weeks. We got the labor to stop. My water broke at 32 weeks. My contractions started coming very hard and very painful. We got to the hospital. Less than 30 minutes later I was pushing and baby was here.

With my second I started having contractions at 27 weeks. They were not regular though. I was sent home. I went into labor at 32 weeks again. I was at the hospital for about 3 hours when baby was born.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

joyheartsoul
by on Jul. 4, 2010 at 11:54 PM
I was dialated 3 cm for 3 weeks with both my babies!! I had heaps of braxton hicks but just trust ur body and know that when ur in labor u will know!! I was in labor 12 hrs with my first and 7 with my second. It was the most incredible exsperience both times!! Good luck, hope for a quick and easy labor!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PhilsBabyMama
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 12:04 AM

I could tell I was going into labor the night before I had Maddox.  I went to bed and then was woken up by a contraction at 4:30 am.  I went back to sleep until 11:30 am.  (I so miss the days when I could sleep that late!)  The contractions started getting serious at that point.  I took a shower, then went to the birth center at about 2 pm.  I had Maddox 3 1/2 hours later at 5:28 pm.  I'm not sure how long I was in labor all together, but I was only awake for about 6 hours of it.  :)

JoeyJrsMomma
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2010 at 11:13 AM

I was induced at 8:30am and water broken for me at 9:20am and had him at 7:28pm.

MommaJ26
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 11:27 AM

I was in labor for 14hrs.  Then she was born in three pushes.  I went into the hospital really early because I was bleeding.  It was weird.  I was having contractions all day, I thought they were braxton hicks.  So that night I decided to take a shower and go to bed.  When I was getting undressed blood splattered the floor.  I calmly cleaned it up, put on a pad and asked my husband to call the hospital.  We couldn't find the number so we ended up just going in.  They said everything was fine but I couldn't go home because of the bleeding.  I was so pissed.  I totally wanted to labor at home.  I had wanted to get food before I started labor because they don't let you eat once your there.  So I had nothing but ice chips for almost 18hrs.  I was SO hungry.  Haha!  There were no complications or anything and she was born in three pushes.  Literally.  Not kidding.  My family was build to push kids out.   Haha! 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 5, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Not very long, I ended up with c-secs

Nikki286
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 11:40 AM

well i had contractions start on the 4th she was born on the 6th i went in to the hospital three times before they admitted me the contractions were 5-6 minutes apart when i first went in but i wasnt dilated past 2  and was there for an hour and they sent me home said come back if the contractions got worse. that was at 11 pm on the 4th... then went in again around 6 pm on the 5th cause they got closer together but still wasn't dilated past 2 went home tried to sleep and rest nothing finally about 12:30 am on the 6th i went back in and they checked and still was at 2 they were gonna wait another hour if i had progressed they would send me home the nurse walked out and i was like hmm i think my water just broke my mom got the nurse back she checked and said okay i guess we are gonna admit you...by noon i was in pain and im a big baby when it comes to pain so i got an epidural pump lol pain meds make me loopy  my parents kept laughing cause i kept repeating myself...  my daughter was born 7:21 pm on the 6th of July... 

lyndallsmom
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 11:40 AM

With Lyndall, 38 hours total. Did the first 24 hours at home. 30 hours total without drugs.

With Mia, about 8 hours. Did the first 5 hours at home until my water broke. Called my dr. If I had listened to him (he told me to stay home), she would have been born at home. Labor was fast w/ her thank God!!

Kim

in lovebreastfeedinggirl on a swing

Kim & Alan              Mia                     Lyndall

8/2/03                10/1/2008             3/20/05

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)