Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How long were you....

in labor for? Did you do most of it at the hospital or did you wait to go in?

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

by on Jul. 4, 2010 at 11:44 PM
Replies (31-36):
Deanna547
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 1:13 PM

I was in labor for 10 hours. I didn't really know if it was 'real' labor or braxton hicks, I had felt the same braxton hicks all week and it was 2 weeks early.

mysteriousdaze
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 1:19 PM

14 hours. I was induced

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2010 at 2:44 PM

I was in labor for 14 hours but I was induced so it was all at the hospital.

jessicaaris
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 2:47 PM

With my son I was induced so I did all of my labor there. About 17 hours from the time they gave me the pitocin to the time he was born. A big snooze-fest actually until the pushing started. With my daughter I was not induced and knew I needed to go to the hospital around 3am and she was born right before 8am so hours of labor and 3-4 of it was at the hospital. Hopefully this baby will be a ninja like Amelia and come that fast, but I don't think I am that lucky, lol.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
crabtreemommy
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Induced at 8am.... started pushing at 4pm and had him at 5:44 pm

riotgrrl
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Only ten hours for this one. All my other labors were about 24 from start to finish, so I was expecting it to take a lot longer. This one I had at home. With my older ones, I went in to the hospital for the last few hours. I didn't want to be in a car for the really intense part of it, so I went in a little before I absolutely had to. The hospitals around here are all very good about respecting moms in labor and not being pushy about stuff, or I probably wouldn't have gone in so soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN