Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby week

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:50 PM
  • 28 Replies

Is anyone else going to tune into Baby Week next week on Discovery Health? I am excited to see the shows especially strange pregnancies it looks so interesting!

STRANGE PREGNANCIES
Every woman experiences pregnancy differently--but for these women, their pregnancies are unusual and downright bizarre. This hour-long special focuses on three extraordinary pregnancies, from a woman with two functioning uteri, to a woman facing a rare and risky form of ectopic pregnancy, to a 56-year-old woman bearing triplets--for her daughter!

A BABY TO SAVE OUR SON
Is it ethical to use one child to save the life of another? Three-year-old Charlie has a rare genetic blood disorder--and without a bone marrow transplant, he could die before his seventh birthday. This hour-long special follows Charlie's journey and the difficult decisions his parents face in order to save their son's life.

BIG BABIES
This hour-long special follows the journeys of four obese, pregnant women as they struggle through the final weeks of pregnancy with supersized babies. Showing the world through their eyes--along with the prejudices and challenges they face--BIG BABIES also records the crucial first months of their overweight infants' lives and considers what the future holds for our supersized infants.

TOO MANY BABIES? THE FIRST 16 MONTHS
Last spring, America fell in love with the Jones family and their five unexpected "blessings." Now, as they prepare for the next stage in their whirlwind lives, TOO MANY BABIES? THE FIRST 16 brings viewers behind the scenes in the quintuplets' first year with never-before-seen footage and catches up with all that's current in their ever-changing world.

BORN ON A BAD DAY
BORN ON A BAD DAY presents the true and remarkable tales of moms giving birth during natural disasters and other precarious situations. From a woman who delivers a baby during a hostage situation in the maternity ward, to a mom who delivers by flashlight during a tornado, viewers will be amazed by these incredible tales--and by the babies who survived them.

NICU
NICU follows real families as they experience the rollercoaster of emotions that come with having a premature baby. The series also features doctors and nurses from leading hospitals in Baltimore, San Diego and Cleveland, as they work around the clock to ensure the survival of their tiny patients. Subsequent premiere episodes of NICU will air weekly throughout the summer.

THE 10 MOST UNBELIVABLE BIRTHS
This hour-long special celebrates the most dramatic pregnancy and delivery stories ever told on Discovery Health. The dynamic real-life obstetricians from the network’s hit series DELIVER ME. The 10 shocking stories include a young woman who didn't realize she was pregnant until she delivered, a transgendered couple who accidentally conceived against all odds and the extraordinarily rare birth of double identical twins.

by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robertmommy
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:52 PM

i don't think we get discovery channel but if we do  i would deffently watch it .   I love watching shows like that.

Schleetle
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Sometimes they will show them on TLC too.

Quoting robertmommy:

i don't think we get discovery channel but if we do  i would deffently watch it .   I love watching shows like that.

mommy2xp
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:54 PM

I didn't know they were doing this but I'll be watching!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:55 PM

thanks for letting me know!

Chrissy9479
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 8:56 PM

ohhh I will watch it :)

Schleetle
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 10:28 PM

BUMP!

butterflyblu
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Ooh looks interesting!  Thanks for sharing.  I had no idea this was going to be on.

momma_2b_2010
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 10:34 PM

if we get discovery channel il watch:)

Honeybun09
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 10:35 PM

I don't have any kind of TV service at all so no!

Sounds really interesting though.

~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~Have a baby? Come join the Babies group today!

Leosmama2006
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 10:38 PM

WOW! Didn't even know about it, but plan to DVR it now!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN