Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

When did your little one(s) start eating solids?

Mine is going to be 3 months on the 20th of this month so I know he has some time to go. I am just curious.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/111037
http://www.cafemom.com/group/111029
by on Jul. 5, 2010 at 9:45 PM
Replies (31-39):
kristina86
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 10:06 PM

with my first the doctor said at 4 months, and than with my second who will will 3 months on the 8th they told me 6 months at the wic office.  I'm going to go by what my doctor says.  Its best to see what they say and when you actually think your baby is ready.  Good luck

Kris_PBG
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 10:11 PM

The issue with "open gut" is that you can't SEE if the gut is ready when you think your child is ready.  A doctor can say whatever they want - there is no realistic way to actually know this information  Hence the recommendations for ALL children to wait until 6 months

Quoting kristina86:

with my first the doctor said at 4 months, and than with my second who will will 3 months on the 8th they told me 6 months at the wic office.  I'm going to go by what my doctor says.  Its best to see what they say and when you actually think your baby is ready.  Good luck

Alexsmom103009
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 10:59 PM

5 months we started cereal, then started introducing Stage 1 baby foods after about 2 weeks on cereal.

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 11:12 PM

All four of my children began solids around the week of turning twelve months! 

breastfeeding.jpg breastfeeding image by evemarcelo 

Mom71307
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 11:13 PM

My daughter was nearly 10 months and my son is a little over 9 months and has yet to start.

mommyof2grls06
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 11:20 PM

My 1st was about 4 months, but she was my FF baby. My 2nd was about 9 months and was EBF til then. My 3rd just started solids about a month ago at 10 months and she was EBF til then. Wait til your child shows signs, no doctor can tell you when that will be. My youngest didn't want to eat anything and would just spit it out, but one day I tried giving her some food and she took to it right away. And a word of advice, skip the cereal, it's just empty calories and tastes nasty. Start with some carrots or peas or something else.

A proud Christian, Republican, Breastfeeding, Attachment parenting, Natural, Drug free Childbirthing, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CRY IT OUT, Anti-vax, mommy to my 3 beautiful girls and wife to my Marine!

It's a child not a choice.

Women should not feel guilty if they are UNABLE to breastfeed, but they should feel guilty if they are UNWILLING to do so, and they should be intellectually honest enough to know the difference.

mummaof2lilboys
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 3:23 PM

4 1/2 months. I waited until I told them both to the DR for their 4 month check up and she told me that I should start. Alot of ppl wait til they are 6 months

crabtreemommy
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I started baby food at 2mths per drs request!

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2010 at 3:33 PM
about 6 months
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN