Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I need help from fellow nursing mothers........

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 1:43 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have a six month old baby girl I feed her baby food in the morning (usually a fruit) and baby food at dinner time (usually a veggie) I nurse the rest of the time all thorugh the day and nite I wake up with the worst pain on my left temple it hurts sooo bad I can barely keep my eyes open.  I was wondering if anyone knows what I am talking about.  I just ran out of my prenatal vitamins like 2 weeks ago and havent been taking them I' m wondering if this has something to do with it. Or maybe I'm not consuming enough calories to nourish myself and my baby girl.  It might also be sleep deprivation its so hard for me to get up in the morning. I'm thinking of going to the doctor maybe next week?   Kat

by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Schleetle
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 1:51 PM

I would make sure you are hydrated enough, and that you are getting plenty of iron. I think it could be low iron especially since you recently ran out of prenatals. I know when my iron is low I get bad headaches.

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2010 at 1:49 AM

Low iron is a good guess,since you mentioned not taking the prenatals recently.

Quoting Schleetle:

I would make sure you are hydrated enough, and that you are getting plenty of iron. I think it could be low iron especially since you recently ran out of prenatals. I know when my iron is low I get bad headaches.

sparklebug86
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 2:06 AM

how much sleep are you getting? It could be deprivation if you arent getting enough sleep and then running yourself down during the day. I would def. speak to your dr though. They may be able to prescribe something that will help.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 7, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Quoting Schleetle:

It could be ... refill your vit. and see if that helps. Hope you find some relief soon.

jus1jess
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 8:06 AM
It may not be anything WRONG, but a big diet change is sure to make big body changes. Go back to your vitamins. If you want to stop taking them, slowly lower the dose and be sure to get natural sources of vitamins through food. A healthy diet is really all you need. Supplements aren't important. Don't worry about baby though. Unless you're near starving for a good amount of time, your milk is always good enough for her. Mom's body hurts first when there's lack of food or nutriton just like pregnancy. Your unborn baby wouldn't hurt if you missed meals, yours would. The maternal body knows how to keep the offspring going :) Nursing is like the 4th trimester. It just lasts a lot longer.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 7, 2010 at 9:21 AM

I am having the same issues and I have been forgetting to take my prenatals lately. hmm, I need to start putting a reminder on my phone or something! Stay hydrated and I hope things improve!

mommy2xp
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 4:23 PM

stay hydrated,and take your prenatals. If the pain goes away it was probably jsut that if it stays, eat normally one day and write everything down then figure up how many calories you are eating and see if it's enough

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)