Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Help me out please...

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 6:11 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son is 15 months old and I have no idea what got into him but he acts like a brat. I love him so much but I'm doing something wrong. He throws himself down on the ground and screams over brushing his teeth or me trying to hold his hand. I tell him not to act like that and then I'll put him in timeout for 1 minute. He is getting worse. If he is walking and we are going to cross a street and I go to hold his hand right there he throws himslef and crys, if I pick him up he screams louder. What do I do?? He has been hitting me and bitting me. He can be really loving too but he is my old child how do I deal with this?? I didn't want to spank but this mornign he was being so rediculous and so I smacked him on the bottom and he stopped but I really don't want to do that. Also if he is super tired and throwing a fit should he still be in trouble or not then because he is so tired?? I want to do the right thing...

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 6, 2010 at 6:16 PM

I totally feel your pain. You just described my son. He is the same way and he will bash his head into my collar bone when I pick him up. I think it is just a phase. I sure hope someone here has an answer cause I would love to know what to do too lol.

proudmom169
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 6:20 PM

It's just a phase, only one of my children went through it but it was rough. My advice: give him love and attn but ignore him when he throws a fit. Walk into a different room and he'll either stop or cry himself to sleep.

sweetgrlangel
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2010 at 6:22 PM
I use to slap hands not butts, my kids hated it. I still tell them when they are being unacceptable. If they act like that even that little we go home. And if we are home its either the corner or bed. I don't put up with it period. At one pointed I even threatened taking them in the bathroom. I can't stand it when they do it in public! We leave. And I hate it when other parents just let their kids scream and carry on what they are doing. Take that child out of the store, don't annoy other customers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tangleballlover
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Terrible 2's actually start around that age...and last until age 4 or 5. It IS a phase...a really really long one.

ktinaza
by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Quoting tangleballlover:

Terrible 2's actually start around that age...and last until age 4 or 5. It IS a phase...a really really long one.

Right but do I just let it go or punish him?? I will try to show him what things are more. I just don't know if we are at home and he walks up and throws a fit or hits me do I just tell him no??

CafeMom Tickers

babygomez
by April on Jul. 7, 2010 at 3:12 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN