Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Are you happy with your....

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 9:45 AM
  • 22 Replies

Credit Score?

babies come join us! 

Love baby names? Looking for a baby name? Come join us at Baby Name Central *Admin*

by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Honeybun09
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Yes because it's always going up! LOL. It's pretty decent for only being 21 and it never goes down.

~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~Have a baby? Come join the Babies group today!

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2010 at 9:55 AM
No. I was way too immature for credit cards at 18. My student loans are way high (I am paying them at least). My hubby let his exwife run his credit into the ground and he had to file bankruptcy when they divorced. We totally suck :( we need a new house built on our land but I highly doubt that we can get financed, to the point I don't even want to try. It really really sucks. Hubby has a new 6 figure job that we can't really enjoy because we have to fix all these stupid mistakes we made. I'm hoping we can slowly repair the damage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2010 at 9:57 AM
No. I was way too immature for credit cards at 18. My student loans are way high (I am paying them at least). My hubby let his exwife run his credit into the ground and he had to file bankruptcy when they divorced. We totally suck :( we need a new house built on our land but I highly doubt that we can get financed, to the point I don't even want to try. It really really sucks. Hubby has a new 6 figure job that we can't really enjoy because we have to fix all these stupid mistakes we made. I'm hoping we can slowly repair the damage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 10:03 AM

For now it's okay, but soon it will probably stink thanks to the housing market losing so much value.

KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Nope :(

Sarah5708Emma
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 10:06 AM

i'm alright with it. it's not horrible, but it's not the best it could be. with my credit card and student loan payments always being made on time i'm hoping it'll help improve it.

lovemy2boys39
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 10:09 AM

I am not sure what my exact score is right now. I am happy with the ballpark it's in. After we got our tax return this year we paid off my credit card. But we had to charge more on it because of something medical that insurance didn't cover. Our credit card will be paid off after we get our tax return in 2012.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

sissychristi
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Nope. My ex-fiance had stolen all my cards and maxed them out. He was buying things to pawn so he could get money for drugs. I never used any of the cards and kept them at home, so it never occurred to me to actually open the bills because I knew they were all at a zero balance (yeah...I was 19 years old...)

It wasn't until I started getting threatening phone calls from the companies that I realized I was almost $20,000 in the hole. I did consumer credit counseling to help manage the payments. Stupid move at the time. I didn't realize I could file fraud and have all the debt erased until after I had been paying it for 4 months. When I tried to file fraud, the card companies decided to find me liable because they said if it were fraud, I wouldn't have tried to pay.

Needless to say, at that time I couldn't make the payments and it all ended up in collections. I went from a 742 (at the time 750 was as high as scores went) to a 540. Despite working on it and having zero collections, on-time payments, and a 40% usage ratio, it has only come back up to 645...ugh!

Nita_friend
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 10:11 AM

yep

riotgrrl
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 10:14 AM
No but I am working on it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN