Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

would you??

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 3:35 PM
  • 8 Replies
Today is my wedding anniversary and we are going to dinner. Would you bring your LOs with you? My MIL said she would watch for us but she doesn't get home until 11pm from work she told my DH to leave my 3yrs and 6 month old with a 13 year! I don't think she can do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Schleetle
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 3:41 PM

I'm not sure I would be comfortable leaving both, but it's up to you, and how well you know the 13 year old... We have taken our kids to our anniversary dinner before. Sometimes we just bring champagne, take something nice to at eat home, and have a bubble bath together after the kids are in bed instead if we couldn't get a babysitter.

Karenjm
by Member on Jul. 7, 2010 at 3:42 PM

I wouldn't leave them with the 13 year old.  Why don't you do something at home tonight and then go out to dinner (just the two of you) over the weekend?  That's what we usually do.

victoriaherring
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2010 at 3:45 PM

when i was 13 i baby sat a newborn and 2 yr old and when i was 15 i would babysit a newborn, 2yr old and 5 yr old... it all depends on the maturity of the child so only you would know best in this situation.. if you feel she is responsible enough then i would leave them to enjoy some quality time with your husband..

crabtreemommy
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I have taken my child to every anniversary dinner we have been too. HE LOVED IT and We loved having him with us!!

gwen407
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 3:47 PM
this year we took our DD with us because she would not stay with my mom and kept saying she wanted 2 go with us. my husband said it felt like everythin came full circle eating dinner with her on our anniversary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
riotgrrl
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 3:50 PM

I wouldn't want to leave two such young kids with a 13 year old either unless I knew her very, very well and knew she was capable, and I don't know any kids that age right now I'd trust with my young ones.

DH and I would probably celebrate with a romantic date at home (some champagne and some candles and a bubble bath after the kids are put to bed, that would work for us, or something else creative and fun and/or romantic for the two of you to do together at home) and go out to dinner on another date when a good sitter was available at dinner time.

We've also brought the kids with us on 'dates' and they like getting all dressed up and going out to a nice restaurant, although it's not quite the same for us.

Mommy2Nicholas8
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 3:51 PM
13 year is DH sister

Quoting Schleetle:

I'm not sure I would be comfortable leaving both, but it's up to you, and how well you know the 13 year old... We have taken our kids to our anniversary dinner before. Sometimes we just bring champagne, take something nice to at eat home, and have a bubble bath together after the kids are in bed instead if we couldn't get a babysitter.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2Nicholas8
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 4:00 PM
Its my SIL but I don't think she is capable of watch them she is very much into TV and her cell!

Quoting riotgrrl:

I wouldn't want to leave two such young kids with a 13 year old either unless I knew her very, very well and knew she was capable, and I don't know any kids that age right now I'd trust with my young ones.

DH and I would probably celebrate with a romantic date at home (some champagne and some candles and a bubble bath after the kids are put to bed, that would work for us, or something else creative and fun and/or romantic for the two of you to do together at home) and go out to dinner on another date when a good sitter was available at dinner time.

We've also brought the kids with us on 'dates' and they like getting all dressed up and going out to a nice restaurant, although it's not quite the same for us.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN