Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Doctors

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 4:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

How many doctors did you go to when you were pregnant before you found the right one?

Where did you hear about your doctor? 

Did you go to a male or female?

Was he/she an OBGYN or Family doc?

by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommyof2grls06
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 4:49 PM

With my first 2 pregnancies, I just picked the closest one to me and that accepted my insurance. I had the same doctor with both of those pregnancies, but a male doctor delivered my first daughter. I went to the naval hospital with my third baby and ended up seeing the same doc for the most part, but he moved when I was about 34 weeks, so I just saw whoever could get me in. I have no idea who even delivered her. lol. I know it was some lady, but I never saw her before the delivery.

A proud Christian, Republican, Breastfeeding, Attachment parenting, Natural, Drug free Childbirthing, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CRY IT OUT, Anti-vax, mommy to my 3 beautiful girls and wife to my Marine!

It's a child not a choice.

Women should not feel guilty if they are UNABLE to breastfeed, but they should feel guilty if they are UNWILLING to do so, and they should be intellectually honest enough to know the difference.

Mommy2Nicholas8
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 4:49 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissiHampt
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 4:52 PM

My mom was an L&D nurse when I got pregnant with my oldest, so I asked her for a recommendation on an OB....figured she worked with them, so she'd have the inside scoop.  I liked him enough that I went back when I got pregnant again, but since then he'd taken on a partner who I ended up liking even better, lol.  Both of them are male, but that makes no difference to me.

mamabens
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2010 at 4:52 PM

With my  last pregnancy I went to a doctor once & that was one referred byt he Midwife because I needed a backup in case of an emergency. I can only go to female docs for personal reason. She was a OB.

Stephie280
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 4:54 PM

How many doctors did you go to when you were pregnant before you found the right one? I have had the same doctor for 6 years now. i only had one other before her

Where did you hear about your doctor? i was complaining about my doctor to a friend of mine and she was behind me in line at walmart and told me to call and make an appt with her office.

Did you go to a male or female? she's a female

Was he/she an OBGYN or Family doc?yes she's my obgyn and my family doctor

bubblesco06
by on Jul. 7, 2010 at 4:57 PM
I only went through 2 doctors. The first was female and my current ob/gyn is a male. I only changed doctors because I moved. But I'm glad cuz I really like this doctor. I'll admit, it was a bit akward having a male looking at all my business lol. And there were many people I talked to around my neighborhood who went to him & they all liked him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)