Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could it be?? Teething at 3 months??

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:24 AM
  • 17 Replies

My son is almost 3 months old and is getting very fussy and frustrated. He likes everything in his mouth, his thumb and pacifier dont seem to be satisfying to him. He just kind of gnaws on them. His gums seem pretty hard and maybe swollen. I thought it may be an ear infection mainly because of his temper but im so unsure! He has been such an easy going baby until now.. I cant even put him down to go to the bathroom. Should we plan on going to the peditrician? Did anyone elses baby start teething so early? Anything else I should be looking for to help determine what the issue is?Thanks so much. 

********UPDATE****** SPOKE TO THE DOCTOR JUST OVER THE PHONE AND TOLD HIM ALL OF JULIAN'S SYMPTOMS AND HE SAID MORE THEN LIKELY IT IS TEETHING!! BABY ORAJEL IS BEST. WELL LOOKS LIKE IM OFF TO GET SOME. LOTS OF SNUGGLING AND COMFORTING TOO! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE LADIES. XO

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Yes my daughter started teething around then, but she is 7 months, and still hasn't got a tooth! We use hyland's teething tablets, and they work good to help with teething.

Luv.My.Soldier
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:28 AM

yep my son is the same way. been that way since he was 8 weeks old and he's 2 and a half months. the drooling just started this week but he ALWAYS has something in his mouth to chew on. the pacifier doesnt cut it anymore, its hands, fingers, my shirt, anything he can his lil hands on.

1stxmomNfashstu
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Did you guys take them to the pediatrician or would I be silly to?

Xynyth
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Both my girls cut their first two teeth at 3 months. My oldest was working on her two year molars at 1, but my youngest is still working on the second set lol.

bnj03
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:32 AM

My DD started at 3 months. We used hyland's teething tablets, oral gel when we ran out of those, and let her chew on cool damp wash cloths. Runny nose and drowling a lot more is what my pedi told me are usual signs on teething. DD just had the drooling more than usual part. Good Luck

Schleetle
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:35 AM

I wouldn't take him in unless his symptoms are more severe, but maybe you can call to ask a nurse at the office if it would make you feel better. That is what I usually do when I am unsure.

KokoJones
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:37 AM

could be, my dd1 started teething at about three months and i think my ds is starting to teeth and he is four months old today. he has been gnawing on anything he can get in his mouth, mommy and daddy fingers, his fists, his rattles and toys lol

KokoJones
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:38 AM

get some teething tablets, put some wet washcloths in the freezer for ten or fifteen minutes, get some of those teething nuks and some teething toys

1stxmomNfashstu
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:41 AM

thanks so much everyone!!! 

tangleballlover
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM

Some babies start as early as 2 months. And she could be like my DS..he started at 4 months and didn't cut any teeth until he was 7 1/2 months old.

I would "massage" his gums with my fingers and let him gnaw on them. Cold teething rings were the other thing...he would chew those things up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)