Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So pissed off *vent*

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:57 AM
  • 9 Replies

Dh and I were at a flea market yesterday and ds was screaming in his carriage so a woman walked over and asked me if he needs to be held. I explained to her that he missed his nap and is just tired. She then leaned over ds and asked "why are you making your daddy so angry?". She then asked me again are you sure he doesn't want to be held? I thn explained to her that dh had already took him into the shade and tried holding him which didn't help. Finally she looks at my husband and says to him " Just watch your patience with him, I'm watching you and it doesn't look good". What makes her think she has the right to say something like that. All dh had done was say please just stop crying (there was a little frustration in his voice but that was it nothing bad). I chose not to say anything since I didn't want to draw any attention. It was very inappropriate.

What would you do if someone did that to you?

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommy2xp
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Wow I would have just walked off. I'm not one to say things back to people that are being rude or saying things they just shouldn't.

mlmartinez
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:06 AM

honestly I prolly would have told her to fuck off and that we are good parents and our DS is well cared for and loved.

tangleballlover
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Wow...that's awfully annoying. I would have told her to mind her own business.

Here4Tasha
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:14 AM

I agree with mimartinez!! I would have flipped out!

la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I would have said mind your own business!

Devildogwife20
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:17 AM

I would have gone off.

DyerMaker
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:30 AM
This week, I waited in line with my son for over 1 hour to eat at a pizza place in town. They were offering free buffets. Yes, in hindsight, I should not have waited that long with LO, but in all honesty, I was being stubborn about it. He was asleep in his stroller for the first 30 minutes. I FINALLY get in, make a plate and the only seat available was in a room with a big screen tv and a clown making balloon animals for tips. He starts fussing before I can even eat a slice of pizza. I try to feed him... nope, I rock him...nope I walk around with him...nope. He is just too overstimulated with all the kids running around and tv and creepy clown guy popping balloons. I place him back in the stroller and give him a toy. I decide to eat the 1 slice of pizza I started, and part of the baked potato that I had been feeding him and leave ASAP (he's almost 1 yr old and loves potatoes!). This dirty looking older woman comes over to me and offers to rock my baby. I have no clue who she is and this creeps me out more than clown guy. She just looks at me and tells me that maybe I shouldn't have a kid if I'm not gonna take care of him. WTF! Really?!? I told her that I rocked him for a good 10 minutes and it didn't stop. He's just overstimulated, so I'm gonna finish my pizza slice and get outta here. I also told her that I tried for 3 long years to have my child, sought fertility treatments and he is loved and spoiled. Sure enough, I got outside and he stopped crying. I almost wonder if he has a fear of clowns. Anyway, enough women (including me) have a hard enough time dealing with strangers touching babies, but to rock my baby... no.
robertmommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:32 AM

i would have told her that she needs to  mind her own business. And  walked off.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Now that it is over, I kinda wish I did say something like that.

Quoting mlmartinez:

honestly I prolly would have told her to fuck off and that we are good parents and our DS is well cared for and loved.

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)