Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on SIL who had 28 weeker piog **Updated w/ Pics** New Update 9-10

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:05 AM
  • 32 Replies

So for you that dont know. my SIL was pregnant with twins. at about 25 weeks one passed away, and then she gave birth to them both at 28 weeks. (Alexander was creamated) and Zachary weighed 1lb 11oz 12 in long. I just wanted you guys to know Zach is doing very good! He now weighs over 3 1/2 lbs he gains an oz or so a day he is drinking breast milk out of a bottle ( it was being tube fed to him) He is to long for preemie cloths already so he is in Newborn cloths! He is about 7 weeks old I think ( he was born May 26th) so almost 2 months old. He is just doing really great! He talks to his mom and his big brother who is 5 gets to hold him every once in awhile. I am just so glad he is doing so well. With her loosing Alexander it would be so hard to loose Zach too. She has started having a hard time also she was laid off from her job (and they thought hers was the most stabel of their two) and with the creamation and all of that lately she has been depressed especially with Zach not being home. But if he keeps up the rate he is at he should be home sooner then they thought! Anyways I will put up a picture later...I dont have one on this phone...He is starting to look like a "real baby" not just skin and bones anymore and he is pink not red....I know that sounds mean...but yea I will put a before and now picture of him so you can see what I mean. But thanks for everyone who kept my SIL in your thoughts and prayers!

Just a day or so old....

Now

Update 8-17

Lil Zach got to go home yesterday ( on his due date ) and he is doing very very well! He is still on oxygen probaby will be for 2 months or so.

9-10-2010
Zach weighs over 7lbs now and is doing great =) still on oxygen but nothing to bad otherwisw =D

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2xp
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:08 AM

thats great! I hope he comes home soon and that your SIL does good as well. I can't imagine the mix of emotions she is feeling

1wildchild
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:08 AM

I'm sorry for the loss of Alexander. Praying for strength for them to get through these hard times. That is good that Zachary is getting better though and getting bigger and bigger.  =) 

tangleballlover
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:09 AM

That is amazing that he is doing well :) Keep us posted on him!

Karowyn
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Quoting 1wildchild:

I'm sorry for the loss of Alexander. Praying for strength for them to get through these hard times. That is good that Zachary is getting better though and getting bigger and bigger.  =) 

BUMP

mommy2dallas602
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:13 AM
That is wonderful! So sorry to hear about the other one. I haven't read your other posts but why did she have them so early? If you don't mind me asking. O ya and my son was born may 26 also!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charlibabe
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Because her twins were identical they shared a placenta and because one had passed away the placenta started detaching itself. So they had to deliver them via traditional c-section.

Quoting mommy2dallas602:

That is wonderful! So sorry to hear about the other one. I haven't read your other posts but why did she have them so early? If you don't mind me asking. O ya and my son was born may 26 also!

lovemy2boys39
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I am so sorry. I am glad that Zach is doing so good though. Saying some prayers.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

lauratupper
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:58 AM

that's wonderful! i am glad he is doing well and hope he gets to come home soon!

Schleetle
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:34 PM

I am happy to hear he is doing well, and I hope things improve for your SIL soon.

la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Quoting Schleetle:

I am happy to hear he is doing well, and I hope things improve for your SIL soon.

babies come join us! 

Love baby names? Looking for a baby name? Come join us at Baby Name Central *Admin*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)