Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The ring and your period? PIOG

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:36 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am on the ring now. I know you can leave it in for 3 weeks, tak eit out and have a period, or leave it in for four weeks, take it out and put a new one in. Well, I just want to make sure I'm not pregnant, so this is the first time I have taken it out to have a period. How long does it generally take to start? I was supposed to take it out Sunday (yesterday) but took it out this morning instead. Does it start the same day you take it out? The next?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leosmama2006
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:50 PM

BUMP!

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:55 PM

I have no idea ... here's a bump for you!

Schleetle
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:55 PM

BUMP!

LogansMommy0328
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:57 PM
I was on the nuva ring I didn't like it, it threw my periods all over the place I took it out months ago and there still crazy. But they can start the next day or a couple days after when I was on nuva ring it took me a couple days before af came but I'm on the pill now and I won't be going back to the ring anytime but good luck your body may have a better reaction then mine did!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vboatner
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I dont think that you are supposed to leave it in 4  weeks (unless it has changed since I used it) You are supposed to leave it in for three weeks, then take it out 1 and then put a new one in. I never started the same day that I took it out. Usually a day or 2 later. It made my peiords shorter and lighter.

lundaylove
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM

you can leave it in for 4wks. thats how my doc has me taking it so i wont get a period so the effects from my endometriosis are lighter and less painful

Quoting vboatner:

I dont think that you are supposed to leave it in 4  weeks (unless it has changed since I used it) You are supposed to leave it in for three weeks, then take it out 1 and then put a new one in. I never started the same day that I took it out. Usually a day or 2 later. It made my peiords shorter and lighter.

vboatner
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:08 PM

WOW. I think it has changed then. When I used it, you were only supposed to leave it in for 3 weeks. Then out for a week. That was years ago though!!

Quoting lundaylove:

you can leave it in for 4wks. thats how my doc has me taking it so i wont get a period so the effects from my endometriosis are lighter and less painful

Quoting vboatner:

Leosmama2006
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Ok, thanks all! Hopefully I start tomrrow or the next day!

lundaylove
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:45 PM

oh thats how you typically should use it. but there are some cases where you can do the 4wk thing. its not for everyone though.

Quoting vboatner:

WOW. I think it has changed then. When I used it, you were only supposed to leave it in for 3 weeks. Then out for a week. That was years ago though!!

Quoting lundaylove:

Quoting vboatner:

tristansmom46
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:48 PM
I take mine out Sunday & my period starts on Wednesday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)