Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teething?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:48 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hes just about to turn 3 months but hes acting like hes teething! Hes gumming everything he can get his hands on, fussing day and night, he breaks away when feeding, like it hurts him, running a low grade fever and hes drooling like mad... isnt it a little early? Anyone else going through this yet?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Sounds very normal. My LO started acting fussy like that at that age and his teeth still have not cut thru the gums. He's still fussy, slobber & loves to bite down on my fingers or his fist. I have offered him a teething ring and other things but prefers my fingers or my cell phone. *note to self get him a toy cell phone next time we go out.*

TattooedOne
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:54 PM
Nope, definitely not too early. Although it seems like it, lol My son started to teethe at 8-10 wks & cut his 1st tooth at 7 months. Haydyn just turned 6 months & shes been teething, off & on, for about 3 months. She's been into the cold teething rings lately, & I put frozen grapes in one of those mesh feeders for her to chomp on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.reece
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:58 PM

my little guy started teething at 2 months! He would teeth for a little while and stop up until he was about 7.5 months when his first tooth finally came in! Good luck and the best advice i have is to NOT use orajel! it will make the gums tight and the teeth can't get through as easy! and also it numbs not only the mouth but the throat and can cause baby to choke! Hilands teething tablets work great!

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM

It's never too early for teething!Some babies are BORN with teeth!

expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM

It is very possible. DS started teething at 3 months too but he didn't get his first tooth until he was 8 months old. It can take them up to a year to get a tooth. I would get teething tablets. They really help. GL mama.

vboatner
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:42 PM

My oldest son had his first tooth at like 2 mo. old. My BABY is 9 mo. and got his first tooth at 3 1/2 - 4 mo. So it is a possibility that he may be fixing to get one. BUT some babies teeth for a long time before they actually cut any teeth!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)