Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CRYING

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM
  • 25 Replies

my baby girl wont stop crying... any suguestions on how to stop the crying or how to make her happy?? lol i feel like she isnt happy... idk what to do. she is almost 2months old n im a new mommy so please help!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ozade8
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Go down the "checklist". *is the hungry, *is she tired *is the sick *does she need to be changed *does she just want to be held ..etc....

tangleballlover
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Are there certain times that she cries?

I agree with PP, go down the checklist. And if all else fails, cuddle her. Maybe put on some soft music and "dance" with her.

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:42 PM

If you've done everything, fed, changed, etc. and she's still crying, she might have colic.  If she does have colic, there isn't much you can do about it.

milrtme80
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Try laying her on her tummy. My DD is 8 weeks and likes to sleep on her tummy. But she will only sleep on her tummy during the day. At night she has to be on her back.

marine_wife0311
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:44 PM

i have tried it all. lol i dance with her, i tried the bouncy, diaper is clean, she ist sick, she isnt hungry.... idk... lol

expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:45 PM

I agree. She could even have gas too.

Quoting ozade8:

Go down the "checklist". *is the hungry, *is she tired *is the sick *does she need to be changed *does she just want to be held ..etc....

ttcbaby dust Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and TTC #2. mod

mandyjh
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:45 PM

sometimes a change of scenery can help, dress her appropriately and take her outside. also you can try shush swaddle and swing the 3 s's with a pacifier. good luck hun this is the period of the purple crying it will pass.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:46 PM

have you tried to use baby massage? It might help if she's colicky.

marine_wife0311
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:51 PM

sure hope it passes lol its drivin me nuts. but i love her to death so im willin to put up with anything. :) i think i need to go purchase a bby swing.. that might help... she likes to be rocked. just gotta find a cheap one. lol

Schleetle
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Have you tired a nice warm bath? That might help her relax.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)