Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did your baby start walking on thier own?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:43 PM
  • 23 Replies

DD is 14 months old and has been taking steps since she was 11 months old but just won't walk on her own. She'll walk back and forth to me & DH from across the room but if no one is coaching her she crawls. Shouldn't she be walking by now?? My mom said she may just be a lazy baby like my brother was. I know she can walk and I'm thinking we might be pushing it too much. Should I stop encouraging her to walk and just wait for her to do it on her own? What could she be afraid of, she's never had a bad fall while taking steps?

Just curious to know when your babies started walking...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygomez
by April on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:45 PM

She started taking steps at 11 m/o..faithfully walking at 12 m/o. I would definitely give her her own time, she'll walk when she's ready.

lilangel_4206
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:46 PM

alexia is 11 months old and she walks grabbing on to the couch but not by herself....my mom told me to just let her and shell start walking by herself when shes ready

Mrs.Carter.07
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:49 PM

My daughter was 10 months old when she took her first steps. 11 months old when she started walking completely. I'm sure everything is fine. Some take longer then others to walk. I know a little  boy who didnt even take his first steps until 16 months and everything is okay with  him.

StarMommy06
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:49 PM

My dd started walking at 13 months old.

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:51 PM

I agree,she'll walk when she's ready.Some kids are late walkers.Apparently nothing is physically wrong since she's able to walk from you to hubby and cruises.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:54 PM

DS1 started walk about 14-15 months. DS2 decided to get up & run at 10 months caught DH & I off guard. Every baby is different. My Birthdad tell me that I didn't start walking until I was 18 months. I was late to bloom on just about everything.

IAMmomtotrips
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Every child is different and they all walk at different times! I have triplets, born on at 31 weeks....

Alyssa never crawled and walked around 14 months. 

Issy walked around 16 months.

Makenna watched her sisters struggle to get where she was going by walking and would beat them by crawling.  At around 18 months, her sisters started beating her, and then and only then did she walk!

Katt709
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:59 PM

DS took his first solo steps a few days before his 1st birthday. He really started walking a few days after. He just took off one day! He's just under 13 months now and just walks everywhere! He occassionally will crawl - but only when he must get there faster. LOL! He's so cute... :)

mommaT1983
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:00 PM

My son was about 10 months old when he started walking and my daughter was 8 months old when she started walking. My daughter didn't want help at all and just went on her own but my son loved for us to hold his hands and walk will him until he got it right. They walked early but I didn't make a big deal out of it at all. A baby will walk when they are good and ready.

TattooedOne
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:24 PM
Ds at 10 months, & dd #1 at 11 months. My friends dd didnt really start walking around on her own until 14 months. She's 14 yrs now & a totally normal pain in the butt teenager. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)