Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tomorrow's the big day

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hubby and I are leaving our daughter with his parents for TWO HOURS- it's the first time we'll have both left her since she's been born. 

She's 4.5 months old and I am dreading it!  I feel like I am going to cry when I think about it.  We'll be ten minutes away at a nice restaurant (for lunch) and I already can't wait to get back.

*sigh* I bet the first couple times are going to be hard.  Hubby is really looking forward to it though :)

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:49 PM

It is hard. The first time I left our daughter with FIL I was so nervous I rushed through dinner, and didn't give us much time to enjoy it. So try your best to relax, and enjoy your time out. Your baby will be just fine. :)

my3boys0710
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:50 PM

it gets easier i promise! i was like that with my first now i have my twins and they are 4mths old an i have left them with my grandma a few times

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:50 PM

it is hard, but it is enjoyable too. make a rule to not talk about the baby :)

MelaneeO
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:04 PM

eek!!  you're kill'in me!!  good idea though

Quoting ArmyWifeAshlie:

it is hard, but it is enjoyable too. make a rule to not talk about the baby :)

Jess3377
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Yes itr is hard the first time but you and your hubby need time without baby to have alone time

Honeybun09
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Enjoy the time while it lasts. :)

~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~Have a baby? Come join the Babies group today!

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Enjoy yourself. It's always nice to get away and be a couple. Don't get me wrong being Mommy is nice, but it's always great to be alone with DH.

jennymartin
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:23 PM
honey i feel ya! my inlaws my parents and hubbys very close cuz have kept our daughter now 18m for us to go on 2ann and my hubbys bday and today i had to leave her for my 3hr sugar test...so o feel you...spite wanting to call ever few min try to have fun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:06 PM

BUMP!

babygomez
by April on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:36 AM

I'd feel the same too! lol It's going to feel like forever but just try & relax with your hubby. It'll be nice for grandma & grandpa too :]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)