Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did....

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:37 AM
  • 6 Replies

How did you transition your baby from baby food to all solid foods? and at what age?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Gailll
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:05 AM

I never used baby food with my 3 kids or my grandson. I started with fork mashed banana or sweet potato and let them feed themselves. 

loy106
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:07 AM

My 2 oldest I started with cereal at 4 months and then veggies and fruit around 5.   My newest I started cereal at 4 but am waiting until 6 to start veggies and fruit

lovemy2boys39
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I don't remember how or when I did it with my older son. My younger son is still on stage 2 baby food. He gags with stage 3.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

mommyziegler
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:01 AM

around 10 months old we did it and she loved it! it went wonderful

justanotherjen
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:36 AM

With my 4yo we didn't do much baby food but offered table food that was soft/mushy from the beginning.  When she was 7 1/2 months old she got a full plate of food for Thanksgiving dinner (turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, mashed up broccoli, sweet potatoes and a bit of a roll).  She fed herself and got most of it in her mouth, lol.  A month later she was eating mostly table food and the only baby food she was getting were desserts.  And she was completely self feeding except for those desserts.

With the older kids we just started offering more and more soft table foods as they got to be around 8-9 months.  My oldest couldn't do anything chunky.  She just gagged on anything including stage 3 foods until she was almost 18 months.  That was frustrating but eventually she grew out of it.  My other kids were all self feeding on table food by 10-11 months.

Honeybun09
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:38 AM

We tried at about 8 months but she really didn't have internet in table food until about 10 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)