Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

had to call 911 *UPDATE*

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:43 AM
  • 27 Replies

On friday I had to call 911 for my 7month old, I had sat her on the floor with a few toys - I swear I did NOT see anything on the floor, I had just vaccumed a few hours before- and sat and turned on the compluter 2 feet away, while waiting for the computer to start up I turned around and she had foam coming out  of her mouth and nose, her eyes were huge and she couldnt breath, I ran and picked her up, she had a tiny ball of string in her mouth and I pulled it out but she still wasnt breathing I screamed and her daddy came running down the stairs and took her and tried patting her on the back, her face went from red to almost blue, the finally she gasped a little air, but was still gagging, I called 911 and told them she was choking I needed help, she was sorta breathing but not really and was spitting up blood, rescue squad was there in 2 mins and said her airway was clear but because of the blood, which was all over the carpet and her, to still have them take her, so I rode and held her in the rescue squad, and daddy followed, at the hospital they did a x-ray and said she didnt choke on the little piece of string she choked on a "foreign object" was all they could tell, according to the x-ray it was now in her stomach, and it should pass in a few days, and whatever it was had scratched her throat, She has a follow up with her doctor monday, but still no "object" has shown itself. But that was THE scraiest thing!!! I pray I NEVER have to call 911 for one of my kids again!!!!

*****************UPDATE***************************************

took evalynn to her docs on monday and they did a full chest x-ray and said "the object" was headed south and wasnt stuck or blocking anything, so all is well!! and were getting a DEEP cleaning vaccum lol

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kenre
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM

It sounds scary. I am glad she sounds like she'll be alright.

Have you taken CPR and choking classes?

lilay
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Oh my gosh!!!!! That is so scary!!!!  I hope she heal up quick and there are no more issues. Good Luck!

akb300
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:47 AM
omg!!! i am in tears reading this. i hope all is well. ive had some close calls but nothing like this and i was freaked so i know how you must have felt. *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gfamilyof4
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Aww I'm sorry!!!! I know that had to have scared the crap outta you....ds choked on a penny and I froze...thank goodness you didn't!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry that happened!! I am glad she is okay, and that help came so quick.

lovemy2boys39
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:01 AM

how scary! i am sorry that happened. hopefully whatever she swallowed will be passed soon.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

lauratupper
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM

i'm so sorry....i am glad she is ok now.

Honeybun09
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Wow that is really scary.

sillythang87
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Quoting gfamilyof4:

Aww I'm sorry!!!! I know that had to have scared the crap outta you....ds choked on a penny and I froze...thank goodness you didn't!

her daddy froze I wanted to SLAP him, hes just like  -omg baby baby-, It's like get the phone, MOVE!! lol thank goodness I snapped into mode

sillythang87
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Quoting akb300:

omg!!! i am in tears reading this. i hope all is well. ive had some close calls but nothing like this and i was freaked so i know how you must have felt. *hugs*

I broke down in the rescue squad, I was soo scared

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)