Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I guess I'm easily amused/I didn't know this...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:17 PM
  • 11 Replies

So, I have started feeding my daughter a teaspoon of rice cereal during one feeding.  I had to wash her spoon and when I did....it changed colors!  I guess I really need to get out more because I kept letting it cool off and then running it under the hot water to watch it change colors...I just didn't know it would do that!  What didn't you know about pregnancy, babies, caring for kids before you experienced it for the first time?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikki.in.nc
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:20 PM

LOL!!  It's the little things!  I got pregnant and went through everything and had my son thinking that I knew what I was going to expect, how I was going to feel and felt like I knew it all.  Now that he's here, I feel like I have a million questions.

lauratupper
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:21 PM

lol i would have been doing the same thing!!!

jesmoore27028
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:13 PM

I was baby sitting for a little boy and his parents gave him goldfish right before they left to go out. Well he started drooling blue and I couldn't figure out what was going on. I thought he had gotten a hold of a blue ink pen, needless to say when I told his parents when they got home they laughed at me and showed me the goldfish were the color changing goldfish. I felt better about the ink pen but was still a little upset that they didn't tell me the goldfish changed colors. I had never seen that before.

masastan
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Wow! That is too funny! I am also easily amused though. However, I don't know what I could say that I didn't know about pregnancy, babies, or caring for kids before I became a mom. I have been a mom for 13 years now and nothing really stands out to me.

CAMKsMom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I also didn't know that I could love another human being as much as I love my daughter!  Don't get me wrong...I love my husband and step-daughter but this is different.

akb300
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:03 PM
i have actually done the same but...i bought the spoon just because it changed colors!! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyIslandGirls
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:07 PM

its to let you know that the food is too hot! pretty neat hey?

simple minds simple pleasures... lol  I totally love watching my son's spoons change colours too!

MyIslandGirls
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Holy crap! they have colour changing goldfish crackers!? AWESOME! loli never seen those before either!

Quoting jesmoore27028:

I was baby sitting for a little boy and his parents gave him goldfish right before they left to go out. Well he started drooling blue and I couldn't figure out what was going on. I thought he had gotten a hold of a blue ink pen, needless to say when I told his parents when they got home they laughed at me and showed me the goldfish were the color changing goldfish. I felt better about the ink pen but was still a little upset that they didn't tell me the goldfish changed colors. I had never seen that before.

This is me:
Lactivist, babywearing, cosleeping, delay solids,  veggie garden growing, turkey baby raising  farm living, country loving Mom To the most excellent kids on the planet: Kaitlyn (1.22.01) Where did the time GO! Ella (2.22.06) Little Miss DIVA! and Matteo (10.3.09) My uncomplicated, sugar sweet, mama's boy! ALL INTACT! genital equality for all!!! Babies are meant to be BREASTFED!!! USE THEM OF LOSE THEM LADIES!!! I AM CANADIAN!! and there for, get free healthcare!! Jealous? you should be!  I BELIEVE IN UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE FOR ALL!

"A child needs your love more when he deserves it least."  - Erma Bombech -American Humourist

"I aim to Misbehave!"-Mal "Serenity"

CAMKsMom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Quoting akb300:

i have actually done the same but...i bought the spoon just because it changed colors!! ;)

My husband bought the spoons.  I was with him but didn't look at them.  We just grabbed them and went to the checkout.  It was a fun surprise!

CAMKsMom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:14 PM

I had a shirt when I was younger made by a company called Hypercolor....It changed from green to purple and blue and pink depending on my body heat.  I LOVED that thing.  But, to get back on topic....I also didn't know that a crying baby gets me out of bed within a few seconds as opposed to the half hour it usually took me to roll out of bed!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)