Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when your infant fights their sleep?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:47 PM
  • 23 Replies

Ameira is fighting her sleep like no other!

How to i make her fall asleep?

Welcome Home Ameira Michelle

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JRB101009
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:08 PM

What a tough one!!  My LO fought sleep in phases and i just keep it consistent: at 9:00 and 2:00, it is nap time. He still fights sleep somtimes.  If he has to cry to fall asleep or just cry, so be it.  It's especially hard to let this happen when I'm visiting w/ family, but I stick to it. I don't let himn cry longer than 1/2 hour. It such a personal decision/gut feeling I think, but for me, keeping that consistency has taught him that he at least has that alone time where he is by himself with no Mommy.  Much of the time, he need a little fussy time to fall asleep, but if I go in, it just gets worse and he will not fall alseep.  Goooood luck.  I will also say Jake's best naps were followed by some of the following activities: play groups, swimming (either on my hip or in an infant pool), aggresive crawling games w/ Mommy, a warm bottle, a walk outside (but on me, not in stroller b/c stroller puts him to sleep) to touch tree bark, flowers, anything to do w/ nature  ...can't think of any others.

cpflum08
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I play a meditation cd for my DD every night, its the one I had playing when she was being pushed out. She is almost 3  now and she knows when we play that CD that its time for bed! she is out before the first song is over. Or sometimes they need white noise to help them go to sleep. DD has to use a sleep mask at  day care because it to bright in the room. just some things that have helped my lil one with going to sleep.

Schleetle
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Besides feel like a zombie all day long? lol jk... If she is little enough to swaddle I would try that. White noise soother, rocking, nurse (or give a bottle), cuddle, patting her back things like that. Sometimes if my daughter really won't sleep I just let her lay down, and look around for a bit. She is now old enough where she wants to play so she'll find something to entertain herself with for a few minutes before I try rocking/patting her back again.

CarterMommy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM

i didn't have a big issue when my boys were really little cause if they wouldn't sleep i would nurse them and they'd go to bed

now that they are older they either like to be pat or my 1 year old wants to be on my lap

mommy2dallas602
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:31 PM

I play the ocean sound on our baby monitor, sit in his room in the dark and rock him and shush him and try to stay calm bc when i stress or get overwhelmed i found out with my son it just makes him fuss more..and if that doesnt work i try holding him in different ways to see if another way is more comfy for him...o and swaddle.

Kimmybeth
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:37 PM
I nurse my dd who is 9 months. Although it isn't too often that she fights it thankfully.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.Tetz
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Ummmm lots of things you could try Lol every baby is different... I lay mine down on my chest...on her belly and rub her back, and she falls asleep... I make sure I wrap her in a blanket first so when I go to move her she still feels snug and doesn't wake up. With my first I hung up blinking Christmas lights and that helped her to sleep but she was a little older then yours when I started this with her so. Also I walk around with mine and that puts her to sleep.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:57 PM

My LO had the same problem (and still does some nights). We set up a night time routine. We play for a little bit, then it's bath time, read a book and then it's time for bed. I have to hold him close and walk around the room while I pat him on the diaper. Lullabye music & a whitenoise or nature sounds also works wonder too. If you LO is still small she may even like the heartbeat bear. Good Luck Mommy!

mariesmama
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:34 PM

rock them and some times i have to stand up and rock her side to side

Marah2008
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:57 PM
i put her in her swing and play her music and she cries for 5 minutes then falls asleep and i get her out like 20 minutes later and put her to bed and she falls right back to sleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)