Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Cold remedies for a 5 and 17 month old?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 1:01 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok, I have 3 kids,s o I THINK I know every trick  out there for colds, but am I missing anything? I have 2 babies with colds and they cannot sleep. Drivin me crazy! I have done the vaporizer, benadryl (only doc approved med I have) and vapor rub on their chests, backs and feet with socks on. Anything else? Oh, and I put saline in their noses and sucked em all out. Mattresses propped. PLEASE tell me theres some magic thing out there I'm missing LOL Lastnight was worse than having a newborn!! Hoping for a better night tonight....we'll see......

by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 1:05 AM

I tend to get a headache with colds so I usually need a med with tylenol in it. If my kids are sick and just miserable I give them a little tylenol or motrin and it seems to help. Other than that I can't think of anything else! Are you running a humidifier while they sleep? Have you tried giving them a nice warm (as warm as they can tolerate) bath or shower? I used to use the Vapor Bath by J & J when DS was a baby and had a cold. It worked well too.

Leosmama2006
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Yeah, I almost got the vapor bath, but with my son it seemed to work just while he was in the bath. Maybe i'll try it if they are still feeling sick in the morning. Didn't think about the tylenol or motrin. Thx! I'll give em taht too tomorrow. I have the same thing as them and I have a small headache. Not sure why I didn't think of that.....Thats why I put this post on here, I knew someone would have some more advice I missed!  :)

Thx again!

pooh2you
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 1:11 AM

get the bathroom all stemy and hot and put your vaporizer in there and let them sit on the floor and play. that works really good with me and my DD. i know it sounds crazy but the stem and vapor lossens the mucus. have you tried musnex for kids the Dr might can give you soom of that. But i am not for giveing all kinds of meds. so thats all i can tell you

DyerMaker
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 7:32 AM

I was gonna suggest vapor bath. The warm water and vapors seem to help my lo. Someone beat me to the punch though! GL momma!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 6, 2010 at 7:36 AM
I agree with vapor bath. Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loveallmy4sweet
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 7:36 AM
J&J sells a vapor shampoo for babies with cold. Babies with colds are hard because there isn't much to do for it. GL and I hope they feel better soon and you all can get some sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemy2boys39
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Pretty much everything has been said. Good luck! Hope they feel better.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN