Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

infant ear piercings...

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:24 AM
  • 13 Replies

i got my daughter's ears pierced a week before she turned 6 months old and now she is 7 months and a week old and i changed out her earrings and her piercings have been bleading. ive put antibiotic ointment on it and have been doing my best to keep them clean. her ears arent red theyre just bleading. anyone have any suggestions on what else i can do to keep them from getting painful and infected?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Honeybun09
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:25 AM

BUMP!

eirejade
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:55 AM
Use the ear and earring cleaner. Then put the studs back in! When you Pierce baby ears, you should leave the studs in longer since their bodies heal quicker. I did not remove DD's fot 6 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by April on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:12 AM

BUMP!

2inMommysWorld
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:15 AM

Definitely get them back in asap they will close very quickly. Did they give you cleaner when you had them done? I got my dd done at 3 months and they never did that

gfamilyof4
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:15 AM
You definitely need to put the studs back in and wait a few more months. But also, are they solid gold or silver? Even if there is and overlay, if they are made of/with nickel, it could be an allergic reaction. That's what happens to my ears if I use any other metal than gold or silver....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdnmom24
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:16 AM

Go to a piercing shop and ask for H2Ocean, it is purified sea water. You just spray it on, work it through the piercing and then let it dry. It is very safe and wont dry out the skin. We keep a bottle in our first aid kit, it can be used on everything. We even used it on our dog when he ripped his stitches out after getting neutered.

anity
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:30 AM
they are supposed to tell you at the time of piercing not to take them out for at least 6 months. thats what i was told when i got both my girls and my sons done. it needs time to heal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skisbufly1
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Quoting babygomez:

BUMP!

I tell my fans who I am and they stand and they clap

They applaud. They love me, my God

O'scadie sama'desta" or maybe "au revoir, -Lupe Fiasco

anity
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:40 AM
i would suggest keeping the earings out, take care of her ears, keeping them from bleeding, let them heal, then have it done again. and keep the earings in for at least 6 months before changing them or anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennasmom08
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:16 AM

I don't think you are suppost to change the earings for a few months, just turn them daily.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)