Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lol....so get this!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:41 AM
  • 11 Replies
I have an add on craigslist to kinda look 4 daycare. This 18yr old sends me an email...she is JUST going 2 be going 2 college 4 early childhood and shes asking $10 an hr....lol call me crazy but daycares dont even charge that much. Are people really that insane!? LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MelaneeO
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:43 AM

$10/hr doesn't seem too crazy to me....where do you live?

K.a.C.87
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:55 AM
Its high here! Certified day cares dont even charge that much....and this girl has no schooling or anything! Wisconsin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by Mary on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:45 AM

is she at least cpr cert? lol!

mslyricalbedlam
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:05 AM

Thats high for here. I think the expensive places are like $7 an hour.

jesmoore27028
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:24 AM

That's what I used to get paid when I was babysitting 7 yrs ago. Most daycares in my area are between 150 to 230 a week for one kid and then tack on extra for any other child.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:29 AM

That is crazy. That is a babysitter's rate. Most daycares are like 30.00 a day and they watch the kids for a lot longer than 3 hours.

4healthyeats
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:48 AM

We're thinking about alternatives to daycare. Son currently goes to day care $180 a week for his age. This is the most expensive place in our area, he's there 55hrs/wk which would be $3.27per/hr, right?  It is a good daycare though. 

He has some allergies and i would like to use cloth diapers and save commute time so I looked into to some at home arrangements but they only become cost effective 3+ kids under the age of 2.  At which point I think I could talk my SO in letting be a SAHM.

when I crunched the numbers (based on what folks around here were expecting and then taxes) it would basically cost my take home pay plus a little more.... defeating the whole purpose of working.  ARRGGHH

So next I thought I might ask around see if there are any SAHM that have similar issues with their kids who might want to earn some extra money... but I doubt they'll want to deal with that... I know i wouldn't. LOL

BuckeyeTinyTots
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:53 AM

WOW~wish I could charge $10 an hour.  I have had all the training for my state, CPR, 2.5 yrs in ECE and was a director of a daycare.  At least I get to stay home with my kids!

lovemy2boys39
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Wow! I babysat for a friend. She paid me $100 a week. (=$20 a day, $2.50 an hour)

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Honeybun09
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:32 AM

I got paid $10/hr. while still in college when I babysat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)