Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you got pregnant...

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:35 PM
  • 51 Replies
and the pregnancy was unintended and your husband/SO told you he wanted you to get a abortion or give it up for adoption what would you do? just so you know this would never happen with us. we would welcome a baby into the world anytime. just curious about others...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marah2008
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:38 PM
i know my boyfriend would never do this but say it did i would say screw you if you dont want this baby then i dont want to be with you. your either on board with me or off board so leave
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lundaylove
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:38 PM

i say get lost then! my child, im keeping it!

dreamer_8291
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:39 PM

No I would not! I'm against abortion and if we had sex and got pregnnat it's our responsibility to take care of the baby once it is born. If he did not want to take care of the baby that would be his choice, I would have the baby then and he would pay child support. lol

katznkt
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Neither my husband nor I support abortion. I would never have married or had sex with a man who would try to pressure me into an abortion.

I don't know what we would do financially, or emotionally since we have two (two and 7 months) but we would survive. And so would the new baby. :)

4healthyeats
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:43 PM

too bad soo sad... i'm keeping my baby... but thankfully its not an issue for us

Mom2Bria
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:45 PM

It wouldn't happen..He would never tell me to do anything like that...And if he did I would tell him tough shit! And then probably file for a divorce!! Haha

rileysmommy229
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Quoting Marah2008:

i know my boyfriend would never do this but say it did i would say screw you if you dont want this baby then i dont want to be with you. your either on board with me or off board so leave

yep same answer!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

joci2203
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:54 PM

We would make the decision together as a couple, not one of us telling the other what they are going to do.  I am pro-choice btw:)

Chrissy9479
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:55 PM

it wouldn't happen, my DH is against abortion like to the extreme lol. but if it were a matter of adoption, I'd say no way, were keeping it! we would probably work it out though, we are good at compromise lol, most of the time I win :) haha

Dajennible
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Well this happened to me when my ex husband and I DECIDED to get married and have a baby. Well 2 months in to my pregnancy he decided he had changed his mind and told me "get an abortion or get out."

Well he is now my ex and myself and my now 14 month old beautiful baby boy have never been happier. He has a new daddy, I have a new husband and we are expecting a new little addition to the family in a few months.

We never needed him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)