Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how many of you are or were a teen mom?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:40 PM
  • 37 Replies
if you could of changed it would you? do you think you did your best you could or could you of used work? was it harder or easier than you thought?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paradys
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:42 PM

I had my first child at 16 and my second at 18, I know I did my best by finding a wonderful family to adopt both boys and raise them together.

I think all my mom's do the best they can but that doesn't always mean they do a good job.

lundaylove
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:45 PM

i had my twins 4 days before i was 19. I guess i am a teen mom but idk i dont consider myself as such  IRL, just on here cuz everyone makes a big deal out of it.

When i got pregnant i was engaged, taking proper steps to avoid pregnancy as we were planning our wedding and i didnt wanna get hitched preggo. we were living on our own, paying for all our own bills and such. i felt very much like an adult, not a teenager. We were only on WIC for a few months due to the cost of living where my husband was stationed and as soon as we could we went off of it. We still qualify as most ppl in the military do, but we dont have it. We have no debt, besides our car payments and 1 vehicle will be paid off in 6 months, the other in 3 more years, maybe shorter than that if we are diligent. Myself and my husband have done a great job despite our ages. Age is just a number anyways....

tangleballlover
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I was 17 when I got pregnant.

I think that my DH and I made the best out of the situation. And I wouldn't change it for the world. I got pregnant in June, found out in July, turned 18 and DF joined the Army in Sept, finished school and got married in Dec (although we had wanted to get married in May/June after our son was born), joined DH in Feb on a military post, had DS in March. :) I think it worked out perfectly. It's 3 1/2 years later, we also have a DD, both DH and I are in college and he is still a soldier. We have earned everything we have and I'm very proud of what we did. Not too many teen parents turn out the way we did.

Andi8kay7
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:14 PM

I was a pregnant teen.  But had my daughter when I was 20.  I wouldn't change anything I did.

navywifey2006
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:16 PM

i was 19 when i had my 1st. lived at home but i paid for all my stuff, car, insurance, phone etc and i paid rent

faren128
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:17 PM
I was 18 when i got pregnant and 19 when i had my daughter. I wouldnt change anything about it. Shes my rock.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bonniemommy100
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:22 PM

i was a teen mommy and i wouldn't change it for the world i had DD when i was 17 and she made me change for the better....it was harder then i ever thought but here i am 9 yrs later with DD DS and DD#2 on the way and very happly married

AutymsMommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:27 PM

I was 16 when I had my first child... and that was 9 years ago.

I am now 25 and I also have a toddler son.

Yes, I would change it if I could. Age really DOES matter when it comes to raising a child. Unless your child's father is significantly older than you are, you are likely going to have to rely on others to provide financially for your child, you are less mature as a teenager and less capable of being the type of parent a child needs (emotionally, physically, financially).

My daughter (who is 9 tomorrow) has a bio father that signed away all of his rights when I got married to my (now) husband. My husband has since adopted her legally, but I will not sugarcoat it. My daughter had a rough first 6 years of her life. I worked two jobs, I wanted to play with my friends, I was barely more than a child myself.

If you are going to quote me and reply, please refrain from using the "age doesn't matter" mantra... or the "just because you weren't a great mother, doesn't mean that all teen moms are the same". Yes, you usually are the same. You just have too much teenage arrogance to admit it.

I adore my daughter and I am so glad that she is here. But if I had been thinking about HER best interest (at the age of 16), I would have given her to a family that could truly care for her in the way she deserved.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. My husband is head of my home. I am a proud Roman Catholic, as is my husband.             Aimee

SarahsEmmy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:28 PM
I was 17 when i had my first and 20 when i had my 2nd. I may have been a teen mom that has been thru hard times but i wouldnt change anything. I was with their father for 6years before we split due to his infidelity but its ok bcuz i know they are better off with me anyways. My oldest is 4 now and my youngest will be 1 soon. And they are what makes my day worth while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lundaylove
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Quoting AutymsMommy:

If you are going to quote me and reply, please refrain from using the "age doesn't matter" mantra... or the "just because you weren't a great mother, doesn't mean that all teen moms are the same". Yes, you usually are the same. You just have too much teenage arrogance to admit it.

LOL. that really made me laugh, specially the last sentence. Not all teens struggle, not all are bad mothers, some actually make something of their life and have a great life, just like i did/do. My daughters are almost 4 and i have an almost 2yo son, im happily married, we're in a great place financially,emotionally, spiritually. I could NOT ask for a better life. Just cuz i was 18 when my girls were born, doesnt mean a damned thing. You can actually read my reply for more info if you wish.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)