Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gettin my 21 mnth old back to sleep alone

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:10 AM
  • 4 Replies
Okay so me n the hubby are both teachers, we had off the whole summer, and DS had a schedule and to be in bed no later then 9 and he was sleeping by himself, during the summer we were always out and doing things and in different places he got use to sleeping with us again now that its a week left before we go back it so hard to get him back in the routine, he now takes a nap around 6 and bedtime by 1!!! I dnt know how to break this habit we put him in!! HELP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:11 AM

Can you ditch the 6pm nap? At that age my son was in bed by 8:15pm and it was great! I need to get back to that lol. It's so hard to stick to a schedule sometimes though!

Khis_Ma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:19 AM
It sure is!!! I can make him hold it off but he tries waking up during the middle of the night like it was a nap! Lol its so hard!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dreamybabies
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:28 AM
He needs to have his internal clock reset and in order for this to work you have to be consistent. I'm assuming you want him to wake up around 630/7am so you can get ready for work/daycare?

If so, wake him at 630/7. I know you'll feel terrible bc he'll be tired but get him up and start your day. Then put him down for a nap at 1230/1pm and then down for bedtime at 7/730pm. Also make sure you move all of his meals and snack so they are in synchrony with his sleeps. Stick to this schedule for about 1wk/1wks and he will adjust. This sched will ensure he is well-rested. Remember: consistency is very important in order for this to work. He may resist bc it's a change that he has to get used to but consistency is key. PM me if you have questions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Khis_Ma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:17 PM
Thnx so much! I will definitely try this!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)