Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blankets in crib?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:32 AM
  • 6 Replies
How old is it safe? My dd the past couple of nights will not sleep without a blanket to hold onto She is 12 weeks old.

I don't like anything in her crib and it kind ot scares me to put a small blanket in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
college.mom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:33 AM

IMO that is way too young, I waited until my girls were a year old.

JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:34 AM
My kids have both slept with a loosely knit blanket since birth. They are very breathable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:35 AM

I used homemade crocheted blankets cause then they have holes in them.  But Momma go with your gut.  If you don't feel comfortable don't do it.  You could always get those sleep sacks

preggomama26
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:36 AM
Ya thata what i thought too. But i dont know what to do other then putting her in bed with me. Last night I only got a couple of hrs of sleep. Everytime i put her in her crib she would freak out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preggomama26
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:38 AM
Maybe I can just use a blanket til she falls asleep then take it off of her lol. I don't have any crocheted ones

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I used homemade crocheted blankets cause then they have holes in them.  But Momma go with your gut.  If you don't feel comfortable don't do it.  You could always get those sleep sacks

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justanotherjen
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:42 AM

My kids have all slept with a blanket from birth.  We have this quilt that belonged to my husband when he was a baby.  All 5 came home from the hospital wrapped in it and used it the first year or so of their lives.  I believe Jack is swaddled in it right now (he's almost 7 weeks old).  He also has other blankets (some receiving blankets, a couple crocheted ones and some fleece ones).  Sometimes we swaddle him, sometimes we just tuck it around him.

We did the same with all our kids.  My 7yo daughter HAD to sleep with a blanket over her face.  As soon as she could grab it and pull it over her face she had to be that way.  We always made sure to put this thread bare receiving blanket (it was mine from when I was a baby) over her.  If you moved it off her face she would freak out and scream until you put it back.  People I met would spaz out but that's how she liked to sleep.  Like I said, she's 7, almost 8 now and still sleeps with a blanket over her head.

I can't imagine not wrapping Jack in a blanket.  He would freeze even in his jammies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)