Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I have a small baby?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:31 AM
  • 7 Replies

My baby is turning 7 months on the 10th and we just took her to the doc a week ago and they said that she was 15.5lbs and 26inches long and everyone that I tell says she is so small.  I was just wondering if she really is small like not getting enough nutrition or if she is just petite.  Also I was wondering she hasn't really grown very much if any in 2 months.  Does that normally happen or is it possible she might not still b growing?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
college.mom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:34 AM

She is bigger then mine were.  My girls weren't 15 pounds til 16ish months.

ang0708
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:36 AM
.My girls are petite too and sounds like thats same with ur dd. If there was a concern u should of brought it up with dr. Im sure the dr would of brought it up if he/she was concerned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Acutey999
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:39 AM

Thats what I keep saying people that say she is small that the doc would say something and he never has.  She isn't super small.  Her stomach is flat.

Quoting ang0708:

.My girls are petite too and sounds like thats same with ur dd. If there was a concern u should of brought it up with dr. Im sure the dr would of brought it up if he/she was concerned.

Thelmama
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:44 AM

she is bigger than all 3 of my kids at 7 months.  If she is eating and energetic and making progress etc.......she is most likely fine.  My kids are slow growers.  my 4 year old is in size 24 months/2T.......so yeah...we have little bitty tiny mites.  Some kids grow faster than others.  Don't let the chart scare you.  Is she meeting her milestones? Does she eat well? Play well? Interact well etc? My kids are tiny but healthy.  My 9 almost 10 year old wears a size 6 isn't yet 45 inches and is 40 lbs. All 3 of mine are bright, energetic, engaged and friendly little people.  No dwarfism etc.....just petite and small.

ang0708
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:45 AM
There is no problem with her. She is just little and dnt freak out. The dr's no better than all the wanna be MD's. Tell them how long did they go to school so you can compare with ur peditrician..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Acutey999
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:52 AM

Ya idk its just I went to wic and they were saying that she was small and that compared to her height and weight she is 7%., but the doc never said anything about it.  Ya she is hitting her milestones actually a little early.  She started crawling right on her 6mo day and 6 days later she started standing.  She is totally healthy and alert.  I won't let it bother me anymore.  I guess i should be happy she is not obese and unhealthy. 

Quoting Thelmama:

she is bigger than all 3 of my kids at 7 months.  If she is eating and energetic and making progress etc.......she is most likely fine.  My kids are slow growers.  my 4 year old is in size 24 months/2T.......so yeah...we have little bitty tiny mites.  Some kids grow faster than others.  Don't let the chart scare you.  Is she meeting her milestones? Does she eat well? Play well? Interact well etc? My kids are tiny but healthy.  My 9 almost 10 year old wears a size 6 isn't yet 45 inches and is 40 lbs. All 3 of mine are bright, energetic, engaged and friendly little people.  No dwarfism etc.....just petite and small.

SoniaL
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:52 AM

I used to get that a lot w/ my 2nd DD.  My doc said she was perfectly healthy and that "off the record" anymore kids are getting so big that she is probably healthier than a lot of kids she sees.  She is still a skinny minnie.  She is 6 yrs old and as tall as her peers but weighs 42 lbs.  She can wear size 18 months baby pants as shorts! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)