Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Belly button question **Pic added****UPDATE**

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:26 AM
  • 16 Replies

My 10 month old has had a fever for the past 3 days, figured he was teething. He has an inny belly button but today it's out, and I mean it looks like a pregnant womans belly button. With the fever and now his belly button, does that sound like a trip to the Dr. is needed? I left a message but sometimes it takes up to a day to hear back.

I just don't know why his belly button would POP out like this unless it was a hernia.

Sorry it's not the best pic, took with my cell phone. He's still vomitting and has the runs...I'm worried! Hopefully it's nothing!!!!

It's an umblical hernia. Dr. said it should go away by age 2, that it could get bigger and to take him in if it does. Also told me what to watch out for, if it turns pink, gets hard and Trace starts screaming and screams worse if it's touched I need to take him to the ER. The other symptoms are results of a bug, no ear or throat infections. So it's not to bad, thankfully! Better safe then sorry!!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:27 AM

not sure. bump!

jridgill
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:28 AM

I'm not sure mama but here is a bump for you.

doodlepuss
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:44 AM

That does sound a bit strange.  Isn't there a nurse on duty that will actually speak with you when you call?  If his abdomen is swelling enough to pop out his belly button then something is definitely wrong.

I don't think it's a rush to the ER situation but I would get a nurse on the phone ASAP.

JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:47 AM

I would take him to the doctor. Not the ER, but the doctor

mstevens10
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Here's a bump!

mom2cuties0406
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:59 AM
You have to leave a message for the nurse, if they are really busy it takes awhile.

They called me back, nurse said the vomiting and belly button worry her, he sees the Dr. at 1:15 today.

Quoting doodlepuss:

That does sound a bit strange.  Isn't there a nurse on duty that will actually speak with you when you call?  If his abdomen is swelling enough to pop out his belly button then something is definitely wrong.

I don't think it's a rush to the ER situation but I would get a nurse on the phone ASAP.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:02 AM
keep us updated. And I hope he feels better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bashful984
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Sounds like maybe his stomach would be super bloated or an organ. That's scary! For sure let us know what's going on.

doodlepuss
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Oh good!!! I hope it turns out to be nothing serious.  Things always seem more scary when they are little.  Post again to let us know how the doc visit went--I'm a worry wart.

la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Keep us updated!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)